• New!

    Try our new Social Feeds, look out for the navigation icon: . You can now set default social feed view in your account preferences.

Tech/maintenance Lacquer polish

Dr G

Senior Member
Messages
2,437
Location
Northern California
I have been using Meguiars Cleaner/Wax for what seems like decades. I first learned of it from guitar builders that used it for final touches on boutique guitars with nitro finishes. I have not yet tried the next-gen ceramic-based automotive products. What do you use on your concours cars and fine guitars? @PigSquealer @Phil
 
The actor? You get him to polish your saxophone? Kudos to you mate.
Question was cars and guitars, but, yes it dissolves regular grime on a saxophone and buffs up the lacquer. The spray gets in all the nooks and crannies. Finish with a big soft brush, cotton buds and a microfiber detailing cloth.

Mr Sheen works great on a car after a wash and tcut. After that the muck just slides off. Good on the motorcycle too. Stops the bugs sticking. When they used to do the vanilla scented spray the bike smelled like custard on start up.
 
I personally do not use any cleaner/waxes on my horns that have any kind of abrasives. IIRC Meguair's Cleaner wax has clay as an abrasive. YMMV.

I love Meguairs D115 for my horns. It is formulated to be a waterless wash. Floats contaminants off the surface. Very gentle - it's literally made not to scratch while cleaning.


For my cars - I try everything.

Pretty fussy about an an annual clay barring, light random orbit machine polishing with a light compound like M205


I tried finishing with the M27. Was ok. Didn't last nearly as long as suggested.

The consumer grade ceramic liquid wax is pretty good, actually. Wouldn't use it on my horns though.



If you don't want to work that hard - an oldie but goodie is Klasse All In One. Really good stuff. Outstanding around the house. Shower stall glass, countertops and of course cars. Don't use it on your horn. Very mild abrasives.



24 years old this year.

4C5E1619-DB06-477E-A0FA-B134E51F34AB_1_201_a-2.webp


Keilwerth Shadow - quick once over with D115.

IMG_9843.webp
 

Similar threads... or are they? Maybe not but they could be worth reading anyway 😀

Trending

Forum statistics

Topics
32,295
Messages
577,004
Members
8,094
Latest member
nilocssss
Back
Top Bottom