support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

Key sticking

Saxy

Hello Guy's ,I got a sax in the new year but only had it out the other day ,don't know anything about music can't read it and so on never played the sax but always wanted to learn how, the make of Sax is (Volt by Voogenreiter) (it says that on the side of it) the problem I have is one of the keys is sticking ,it is the key you press with your saturn finger (your 2nd finger) left hand,How can I stop it ?, Please guy's ,thank you..

There are loads of ways to 'fix' this issue, I tend to use a folded up £5 note:
place it under the sticky pad, close it gently but firmly onto the fiver, then while holding it closed drag the note out, thus 'wiping' the surface of the pad. Repeat several times and the sticking should ease.
You can use any absorbent paper, doesn't have to be currency, but banknotes are pretty strong, and the ink doesn't run.

Good luck,

Nick

Lighter fluid and a new £20 note. Wet the folded (lengthways) note with fluid and place between tone hole and pad. Apply gentle pressure to close the pad and pull the note through. Repeat several times as necessary.

£20 notes seem a little coarser in texture than other notes. Works for me though tracking a new £20 note ain't always that easy. :w00t:

As Nick says, consolidated grot on the pad is usually the problem, and cleaning should fix this. It could be another problem though - perhaps a weak spring, something slightly bent, or lack of lubrication on a connecting rod.