support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

Johnny Dodds on sopranino

ilovebech

This great New Orleans clarinet player made one record on nino sax, does anyone know what it was called, because it may be on the red hot jazz archive. Did not know where to ask this so put it here, hope that's ok, thanks for any help.

Sorry, I can't help. But the thread title made me think of the Z cars theme, Johnny Todd (you have to be of a certain age):

"Johnny Dodds on sopranino..."

I had never heard that before, but a quick bit of research on the interweb thingy shows that he did play 'nino on a session organised by percussionist Jimmy Bertrand (a fairly regular associate), around the time of the Armstrong Hot Fives; so 1925/6. Johnny Dodds also played alto on a couple of the Hot Five tracks.

Johnny Toddy was a sailor.......? Z cars. Blimey!
YC

BTW Martin. Selmer cork grease. Pretty good stuff. On a par with the Mauriat stuff. Makes all the difference to the sound.

BTW Martin. Selmer cork grease. Pretty good stuff. On a par with the Mauriat stuff. Makes all the difference to the sound.
Yeah, I noticed that! I hardly recognise myself since I started using it.

Oh yes, Rock. Forget al that stuff about ligatures, reeds, or even mpcs. It's all down to cork grease.

I'm feeling a bit guilty about hijacking a perfectly sensible thread now, though. Sorry, ilovebech! If it's any consolation, I love him, too.

Back
Top Bottom