support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

Jazz festivals - comprehensive listing

half diminished

Here is a great link showing (all?) most of the Jazz festivals in the UK.

Click on the Countries tab to see details of other countries.

Looks like this is a long-runner as you can choose you year so maybe this could be a stickie post?

Ho Ho. I think they would have had me in this morning when I fed them.

Well I hope you don't think I'm participating in the Croydon festival, Bill. For a start, to do a funereal march down North End playing Flee As A Bird or Oh Didn't He Ramble, we'd need a trombone. Also I like to keep one hand on my wallet down there.
Colin

Here is a great link showing (all?) most of the Jazz festivals in the UK.

Click on the Countries tab to see details of other countries.

Looks like this is a long-runner as you can choose you year so maybe this could be a stickie post?

I notice the Bude Jazz Festival is mentioned; this will be my fifth year of going. I first went with a friend of mine, John, and even though I really disliked jazz, I do like live music and he had such enthusiasm that I had to go along. My wife who also hates jazz (I like some of it now, by the way) jokingly said to me to not bring home any CD's of jazz bands -- so I didn't... However, I was so impressed by the music and the musicians that two weeks later I bought a saxophone and haven't looked back. The following year my wife insisted I bought a CD rather than come back with a trumpet, trombone or any other jazz instrument. She's such a sweetie though as she does support my position in a band now.

John unfortunately was not so lucky as he dropped dead a couple of years after that first trip we made together to Bude, whilst listening to music in a local pub. One minute he was there, the next...dead; heart stopped apparently. He was a lovely man and a great friend and I miss him. But, every year, I spend at least one night up at the Bude Jazz Festival in his honour because without him I wouldn't be playing sax now.

Blow like the next moment is your last ('cos it just might be).

Cheers

Martin