support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

Jazz/Blues/Improv Summer School (long weekend)

Profusia

Just thought I'd let anyone interested know that my tutor is planning (if sufficient interest) a summer school with plenty of jazz, blues, and improvisation focus in August details as sent to me below. It will be in Alcester, Warks. which is between Stratford-upon-Avon and Redditch.

If you are interested you can contact Jay through his website at jaymoody.co.uk (contact page http://www.jaymoody.co.uk/#/contact/4557044604) or failing that let me know here and I'll pass the message on.

I can't make the whole weekend myself but am hoping to make a couple of the days. Here's Jay's message...

Subject: Summer School

Hi everyone

After mentioning it a few weeks ago a number of people have quizzed me on whether I will be running a summer school this year. I have decided to go ahead with it provided I get enough interest.

Here is the proposed plan:

Dates:
Friday 16th August - Latin Jazz
Saturday 17th August - Blues
Sunday 18th August - Rhythm Changes

Venue:
The Moat House Inn, Kings Coughton, Near Alcester

Times:
10am-4pm

Performance:
Sunday evening. Time TBC. Friends and family welcome. A free gig demonstrating the tunes learnt throughout the weekend.

Cost:
£36 per person per day (includes pub lunch but not drinks)
2 day booking rate - £66
3 day booking rate - £96

Info:
All sessions will be run by me and will include standards/tunes relative to the days subject. The sessions will be broken up into listening, theory, practise, group dynamics, performance techniques and improvisation. The whole weekend will be looking at improvisation in some depth but you do not need a huge amount of experience to join in. I will explain the improvisation theory in stages and you can gauge what level you would like to stick to. The weekend will be fun, informal and packed with useful tips and opportunities to work with other like-minded musicians.

Please let me know if you are interested. I need approx 10 people each day to make it work

Jay

www.jaymoody.co.uk

Last edited by a moderator:

Support Cafesaxophone

Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces
Back
Top Bottom