All profit supporting special needs music education and Help Musicians
Tutorials

Saxophones Isolo choice

randulo

Playing alto 2 1/2 years
Subscriber
I've had a chance to evaluate this product and cannot recommend it for two reasons.

1. It doesn't have good sound. Granted, it can be compensated to an extent by EQ, but it doesn't sound better than a non-wireless costing less.

2. Unless I have something wrong, it breaks up when you move. By that I mean, the signal, the audio is silenced. If you stand perfectly still, it's ok. You need to be in sight of the USB key. I didn't try distance of more than 10 feet, but this signal loss is a deal breaker. I tested it on two different computers.

I don't record on a mobile, but if I did I would bet you'd get at least as good sound from built in mic of a recent iPhone.

If anyone has had a different experience, I'd like to hear about it.

OP
T

Totted

hi Randulo
It’s a great mix, sound is good for playing through an amp really pleased with that side ... didn’t buy the separate usb audioface to record with for similar reason to what you’ve said, instead opted for a usb condenser mic to record and the isolo to play through amp. No break up if sound with mic played that way

randulo

Playing alto 2 1/2 years
Subscriber
Good idea. I'm really surprised and waiting to hear if this is a defective unit. There's no good reason for this issue, because I have a wireless guitar set that works flawlessly and it cost less than $50. The mic itself is similar to others like it, it has a noticeably reduced fidelity compared to any normal mic of any kind.

Saxholder Pro

Members OnlineStatistics

Help!Mailing List
Top Bottom