support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

Intermediate Help

greesetin

Hey friends,

I'm very new to this forum and I'm glad to be part of a community here. I've been playing since I was young and started out on an alto then switched to tenor, late high school years ago. My influence to get me to play on a professional level was a great part my friends asking me to play. I had more of a wind ensemble technical training and much practice with my friends and now I'm playing many shows in NYC with my current band. I wanted to note my history as I feel as though I'm out of the loop with more challenging practice. I'm also at a point where I can't tell if I'm rusty with some sax techniques or am I overdue for a new sax (yes I'm broke still using a yts-23). I have no problem getting into a groove and using scales as a base to solo, but there are some techniques that I feel are too advanced. I've attempted some techniques by listening to one of my favorite bands, yet it's pretty tough even with practice as the notes blend very well when this sax player flutters his notes. It's like a drummer trying to pick up john bonhams fills from zeppelin I just can't break it up by ear to understand then practice. If anyone can figure this out I just feel like it will help me just get better. I love the instrument so much I'll never give it up haha! http://youtu.be/YyQ6vZETJWQ