support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

I wrote to Harry Hill today

Pete Thomas

Cafe Moderator
Commercial Supporter
Locality
Sunny Southampton
I complained about his nuts.

On the packet he used to say he extra roasts them for better taste. The packet I bought at Waitrose yesterday was definitely under roasted and devoid of better taste.

So I have written to Harry. Fairtrade or not, his nuts should be tasty IMO.

Fiiiigggghhhhhtttt :w00t:

Well, I do like Harry's nuts (or thought I did). But I also like some other brands of savoury snacks.

This is where we apologise to our friends in the US who don't get this. Sorry.

Will you be going back to Nobbies........?:shocked:

Kind regards
Tom:cool:

BTW is SOTW having a clear out.....?;}

Will you be going back to Nobbies........?:shocked:

No, I never liked Nobbies. Normal KPs or Planters, or Waitrose organic even.

I just thought when Harry brought his nuts out we were in for something special. Like tasty PLUS fairtrade.

I've no idea who you're on about. Is he a relation of Joe?

But we get a little fair trade stuff here. Had some lime marmelade from Swaziland, was OK, but expensive. Had some coffee as well. Let's just say we won't be buying it again.

We always buy the Waitrose own brand. Never seen Harry Hill's brand. As his humour is not really to my taste I doubt his nuts would be either, so I feel suitable warned off, thanks Pete!

I've no idea who you're on about. Is he a relation of Joe?

But we get a little fair trade stuff here. Had some lime marmelade from Swaziland, was OK, but expensive. Had some coffee as well. Let's just say we won't be buying it again.
There is a relationship, Joe is dead, despite Woody's protestations and Harry should be.

Percy Dalton must be knighted.
(Joe Jackson)

Result!!!

I got a letter back (sadly not from harry but from Laura) apologising and saying that indeed these nuts that I returned were not up to scratch.

They sent me four free packets (well, three really as I'd paid for the first one).

And they are definitely cooked properly and much tastier. We did a blindfold test and all agreed they are better than Waitrose Organic.

I got a letter back (sadly not from harry but from Laura) apologising and saying that indeed these nuts that I returned were not up to scratch.

Congratulations.

I suppose if one is famous enough one can afford to employ someone like Laura to deal with one's nut/scratch queries.

Personally, I haven't yet had the pleasure(?) of bumping intyo Harry's nuts, having to resort to Nobby's in the absence of good old KP or Planter's.

There is a coffe which is made from beans which have passed through the Palm Civet - supposed to be "the Dog's B@@#ocks". I think nuts (of any sort) could also be enhanced by this process ..... then sold at an extraordinary mark-up. Or perhaps passed through a pooch, then they could be marketed under the name "The Mut's Nuts". What breed of dog would impart that all important je ne sais quoi flavour to the product though???

Dave Mac

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom