support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

I say "Hello" from Canada...

CaillouSax

Locality
Gatineau (Québec), Canada
To all of you.

I am a beginner (always be, of course) in the Sax Playing Art, with only about two years of courses and practicing.

I found this forum when searching for something else...

I have a backgroung in music by having sing, and play recorder, piano, and guitar.

So I am happy to join you here.

Have a nice evening!

Thanks, Screamin Wind. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello Calliou Sax & welcome to the forum, this is the place where saxophone rubber hits the road........

Cheers from NZ

Ps what's with the Calliou.

I once slept with a bear while hiking (sleeping actually) in Canada (Mirror Lake, south of lake Louise)

Enjoy!
Jimu:mrcool

Hi and welcome to the cafe, your search took you down a good path, you'll enjoy it here.

Tell us a bit more about the sax you play, what music you like etc.

Phil

Hey you,

Like your pink headscarf and cool yellow sax... but who's the tall dude?

Welcome.
Rob

:w00t:

Welcome to the caff.
Any chance of some good Cajun Sax?
ENJOY!

Soyez le bienvenu - Caillou (great name by the way). :welldone

Welcome to the cafe from a southern neighbor.

Bonjour, bienvenue a notre Caff!! I'm sure you will enjoy the forum. Phil

Thanks to all of you!

I saw someone has discovered that I am a French Canadian... and that some of you are actually speaking (or just writing, that is good enough for me) French. Great! :welldone

Hello Calliou Sax & welcome to the forum, this is the place where saxophone rubber hits the road........

Cheers from NZ

Ps what's with the Calliou.

I once slept with a bear while hiking (sleeping actually) in Canada (Mirror Lake, south of lake Louise)

Enjoy!
Jimu:mrcool

"Caillou" is a french word which stands for "pebble". My brothers and me were called with that nickname where we were young (long time ago!) because our last name is "Laroche" (litterally "The Rock").

Lucky you were that the bear was a Teddy Bear (one of the Elvis'?), huh? :D

Hey you,

Like your pink headscarf and cool yellow sax... but who's the tall dude?

Welcome.
Rob

:w00t:

Thanks. I was also wondering the same thing about that handsome dude... :)))

Welcome to the caff.
Any chance of some good Cajun Sax?
ENJOY!

I am too far from New Orleans, Louisiana... :w00t:

Hi and welcome to the cafe, your search took you down a good path, you'll enjoy it here.

Tell us a bit more about the sax you play, what music you like etc.

Phil

Thanks Phil.

The sax I primarily play is my alto Mark VI 1974 (#233XXX) which is an "upgrade" of the Conn 18M (1985?) I began with and that was bought brand new by my teacher in Paris, at the Selmer's premises. He barely didn't play it anymore (just for giving courses) since he likes more playing his Mark VI tenor.

I also have a cheap Largo Australia soprano which I bought new in July 2008. The "upgrade" of this one is the next step but it does the work for the moment. ;}

I like a wide range of music styles, especially Rock, Jazz and Blues oldies, and including Pop, and Classic (but which I don't want to play since I think that I can't play with my sax the music that was written before the composer even knows a thing about the instrument).

What I would like to play the most is Smooth Jazz, Blues and Pop.

Examples of what I (try to) play:

Smile

Summertime (an easier version than the Parker's one, of course)

Stand By Me (an easy version too)

My Way

Fly Me To The Moon

Carnival

Hit The Road Jack (not the melody part)

Salut CaillouSax, oui tu as raison il y a parmi nous de francophiles. J'ai vecu a Paris a pendant six ans il y a longtemps. Avec mon travaille j'ai l'occassion de parler français practiquement tous les jours.
Tom is always writing in Welsh so a little french is ok.
Everyone on the forum is really nice even the ones that live across the pond!! Phil :w00t:

Salut CaillouSax, oui tu as raison il y a parmi nous de francophiles. J'ai vecu a Paris a pendant six ans il y a longtemps. Avec mon travaille j'ai l'occassion de parler français practiquement tous les jours.

:confused:

Somebody once brought me a pendant back from Paris too...
but six of them!... how lucky are you! I'd be trying to off-load some of them on e-bay if I were you. :)))

I think something got lost in the translation there.. Like yr sense of humour though. Pendant means " during " Or maybe you already knew that??? :w00t:
:confused:

Somebody once brought me a pendant back from Paris too...
but six of them!... how lucky are you! I'd be trying to off-load some of them on e-bay if I were you. :)))

CaillouSax, welcome to the cafe. I hope you enjoy the company and don't worry about asking silly questions. You'll get plenty of silly answers and maybe one or two sensible one's too. ;}

I think something got lost in the translation there.. Like yr sense of humour though. Pendant means " during " Or maybe you already knew that??? :w00t:

Yeah! Something got lost for sure or... he already knew... ;}

CaillouSax, welcome to the cafe. I hope you enjoy the company and don't worry about asking silly questions. You'll get plenty of silly answers and maybe one or two sensible one's too. ;}

Great! I am an expert in this area (silly questions)! :D

Back
Top Bottom