support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

Saxophones I have the wrong front F key on my new Yanagisawa TWO20

:headscratch: That's funny...my photo posted above yours is from the Kessler site also....and it shows no pearl G#. Some pics on internet also show a metal touch. Although I got to that photo via this websearch, yanagisawaTwo2 at DuckDuckGo .... (the pic I provided appears third row of websearch images, very clearly a metal touch):

View attachment 15526

Also here is the metal touch again:

Interesting, hmmmm.....well...good on that !....so the pearl touch appears on (at least) some of 'em....
The TWO2 has the metal G# touchpiece. The TWO20 (the model that Alexandra has) has the pearl G# touchpiece,
It's just one of the differences between the TWO2 and the TWO20.
Another difference between the two models can be seen in the pics that you and I posted, the linkage on the pinky table between the c# and b keys is not present on the TWO2.

Last edited:
FWIW...I don't think this is a huge thing to stress over, really.
I agree. I'm just worried until I get more info...it's been a lengthy process of trialling over the last couple of months and I was finally adjusting to the new instrument. I'm kicking myself that I missed the anomaly, too. Also, there aren't many Yanagisawa tenors in the country at the moment and the wait list for a new one is long (I've been told).

I won't go into details but playing the saxophone, when I'm well enough, has become an important, immersive part of my day. A 'first-world' problem to have for sure but it feels like a significant one for me.

Better dust off my poor alto!

Many manufacturers carry on making very minor design changes during the production run of the "same" model.

If it is a genuine Yanagisawa, this might just be a "transitional" feature. Very early in the run, using parts from an old model or before a change was introduced.

Rhys

I think it's definitely worth getting clarification from yanagisawa. It might bug you over a long period of time if you don't. Unless you're able to totally let it go...

I've emailed the store (which is an authorised Yany reseller) and Yanagisawa UK. I'll call the store today too and then we'll see what happens.

I registered the sax on the Yanagisawa website using the serial number and no issue there (although it's hard to know if it would flag it up straight away, based on the registration process).

Thanks for all the advice.

I bought it from a reputable UK music shop that I've used many times.
They would have to have got it through the reputable UK distributor. If you don't get any joy from the retailer, I would contact the distributor:

They would have to have got it through the reputable UK distributor. If you don't get any joy from the retailer, I would contact the distributor:

Thanks Pete. I've emailed them and they've just confirmed the saxophone is genuine and a recent model, based on the serial number. The store is involved in the discussions too and we're working on a solution. It's all very civil!

Thanks Pete. I've emailed them and they've just confirmed the saxophone is genuine and a recent model, based on the serial number. The store is involved in the discussions too and we're working on a solution. It's all very civil!
I'm sure it'll work out fine, they have little argument and if it is a reputable store they will cover you.

It's an interesting thing to note that even today, factories will produce little hiccups like this....

When you pay an insane amount of money for a top of the line saxophone, you expect no suprises.

But on the other hand this sax might end up being a "transitional" model and an ultra rare collector's item ....

Like those sweet prewar conns ....... hmmmm....

sometimes I feel the same about my ex’es ... I feel nostalgic ..... I don’t see any significant improvement over the years with newer models .... so I settled with my mrs <beaugnier> and stopped paying attention to all the small details .... to maintain my peace of mind.... the story of a married man ..

im j/k of course...

Looks like my TWO20 has the correct F key.

IMG_2250.jpeg

I hope you get yours sort out Alexandra.

Back
Top Bottom