support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

I can hear it in my head.

BrianBenson

Hello' i'm Brian and new to the sax. I'm a blues guitar player and singer. i write alot of original songs. A few years ago When my step daughter was in highschool one of her classmates kept telling me he played sax and wanted to sit in with my band. I was like what ever kid. Turned out this kid could really play. Needless to say, i really want to learn the sax. I have a Vito student sax I borrowed from my sister. It's a lot harder than I thought. I feel i'm years from being able to improvise. I've learned to read music, most of the scales, major, minor, penatonic, blues. I can play simple things I read and seem to do better if i can hear it first. I took lessons, really slow moving. I want to play something cool. How does it sound and where do my fingers go. Hard to find this type info. Saxophone is really cerebral, lots of theory. Well thanks for the hospitality and hello. Here's a video of that kid I was speaking of play with me on one of my songs.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PYhlQ8HpAEs&feature=player_detailpage&list=UUC89TyWyx3xs-VD-kxXZRag

Hi Brian,
As a guitar playing saxophonist I fully understand your dilemma. Just get stuck in and blow. Dexterity will come in time (loooong).
And as for hearing it in your head, that's called lunacy and you're not in an exclusive club in this neck of the woods.
Andy

Hi Brian,

Welcome!! The guitarplayer is the saxophonist best friend. I listen a lot to the guitar. Lots of good saxplayers that plays(ed) the guitar and the saxophone as well; King Curtis, Eddie Shaw, Robben Ford, Maurice John Vaughn, John Fogerty ..... So the saxophone and the guitar have much in common. I pick up ideas from guitarplayers like Robben Ford, Freddie King, Stevie Ray Vaughn, Eric Gale .... .

Thomas

Thanks for all the friendliness.Had to put my sax in the shop. New pads, new neck cork and what ever you call the little cork pieces that stop the clicking sounds. $206.00 Does anyone know anything about the alto solo in the live version of reasons by Earth With and Fire. Don Myrick? That's what I aspire to.

Back
Top Bottom