support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

I bought a Xaphoon!

MandyH

Sax-Mad fiend!
Café Supporter
Locality
The Malverns, Worcs
Hi all, my new Xaphoon arrived today.
This is my summer project >:) - to learn to play it!

I think I have driven my family mad enough so far today.....I can play "London Bridge is falling Down" by ear!

Well its one way to get the family to buy you a new Sax ! ... in fact all sorts of Bribe related situations can evolve . hopefully before the brief novelty of the thing wears off and it ends up on E-Bay ..

Why would anyone with four good saxes want to buy a xaphoon, let alone play London Bridge is falling down on it?

I had one for about a month - then it went the way of many other xaphoons back on the good ol' eBay!

Is the Xaphoon really that difficult to play? I ordered one last week. Hopefully it will be here on Monday.

Any pro's and con's from any of you that have played or tried to play the xaphoon?

It's kind of tempting, but I have enough toys to master for now, so I don't really need to waste my time with yet another one.

I quite like the video showing how he makes these:

It's not difficult to play - you can get notes out of it easily. The mouthpiece is an odd shape - you need a very open "O" shaped mouth to play it.

I found it has some fingering which are "not saxophone" which made it challenging for me, until I started learning clarinet and discovered that they do exist on the clarinet.

But I haven't given it any time recently. It's still hanging around the music room, with the Dood....