Melissa
Senior Member
- Messages
- 1,079
- Location
- Northamptonshire UK
Yes Thanks for that Jx, did and mmm, something nice came out 😀I've had days like that but find if I can pick it up and go easy it lifts my mood 🙂
Jx

Yes Thanks for that Jx, did and mmm, something nice came out 😀I've had days like that but find if I can pick it up and go easy it lifts my mood 🙂
Jx

Jam sessions are also a great way for me to practice. I love it😉Practice?
Vaguely remember doing that.
Years ago I used to do 3 or 4 hours a day.
Not now.
My goals are to have fun playing and sometimes to play for family. I practice 45 minutes to 75 minutes, depending on what's going on elsewhere. I find 2 or 3 shorter sessions more productive than one long session. After 20 or 25 minutes I start to make more mistakes. I go away for a while, come back, and am not making those mistakes (at least for another 25 minutes!). I tend to follow the same routine: long tones, scales and arpeggios, tunes and improv.

