support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

How do I recork the neck joint?

Musicanne

Hi, right out of the blue I have been given an alto sax which is in great condition, apart from the neck cork which has disintegrated - and I can't get to a technician at the moment. I have looked online and have a feeling that using a sheet of cork is probably beyond me, so have ordered a cylindrical cork and a conical cork.

Can anyone tell me which type is better for a new-to-the-sax clarinettist, and the best way to go about glueing it on? Thanks.

Hi Musicanne, I recently recorked mine and it is so easy. I got my cork off Ebay from a great guy in Cananda called Jamie, who also included a craft blade to cut the cork, a piece of emery cloth to sand it down and full instructions, all you need to buy is a tube of Evostick glue. It really is easy to do and the cork he sells is very pliable so it wont split when bending it round the crook. It even comes ready chamfered on one edge !.The best part is the cost though, with postage it came to just under £4.00 and it arrived within a week .Here is the Ebay number for one,250522632561.

Peace

Flipp

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Musicanne, I recently recorked mine and it is so easy. I got my cork off Ebay from a great guy in Cananda called Jamie, who also included a craft blade to cut the cork, a piece of emery cloth to sand it down and full instructions, all you need to buy is a tube of Evostick glue. It really is easy to do and the cork he sells is very pliable so it wont split when bending it round the crook. It even comes ready chamfered on one edge !.The best part is the cost though, with postage it came to just under £4.00 and it arrived within a week .Here is the Ebay number for one,250522632561.

Peace

Flipp

I took mine to the local tech, he did it in ten minutes, and charged me a fiver. Shucks, coulda saved meself a quid:)))

Thanks again all, for replying. I feel stupid because I made a mess of it. The glue wasn't right (I used Bostick) and when I tried to put the mouthpiece on, the cork ruckled up and tore. I have a great idea... I'll take it to the technician in Tunbridge Wells!

Support Cafesaxophone

Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces
Back
Top Bottom