support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

High Volume And Strained Throat

He posted pics and complete details a few days ago and yet I can't find it.

Jx

I think the search facility needs tweaking then because it didn't show up in the first three pages of results for posts made by Taz and it's not like he's posting everyday.

I think the search facility needs tweaking then because it didn't show up in the first three pages of results for posts made by Taz and it's not like he's posting everyday.
I went to his profile and picked it up there.

Just used search options setup by Taz and it came up as first thread...

Also searched just Taz as poster and it came first.
Wonder if that was because I'd already found it on previous search.

Jx

Hey Dave, yes to the sore or irritated throat after a gig with some volume and growling. Seems to be the case with some players. Although I read a comment that if the throat is sore then you are not playing the growl correctly. I use the "hum" technique so I am not sure what is incorrect about it. Has worked fine since the 50's.

At any rate, I fortunately do not have any hearing issues at all for my sax. I control my own volume in our four 15" powered speaker mains and we do not use monitors. No problem at all for the past 15 years in our 4 piece party band.

When I do "sit in" with a large band I don't expect too much from the sound person on hearing myself so I am not disappointed. If it is good...good. If not, so be it. Spent too many years getting very mad over the volume thing. No more :)