High F key missing

robonsax

Option #1: Got to this link: Yamaha 24/7 Then register as a consumer. Search for a YAS-23. Got to view 3 of 5 by clicking v. The part you need is the "front F" #62 part N1130451. You may also need the rod that holds the key in place which is #82 and says "contact me". If you have trouble getting the rod, let me know and I will send you one.

Or . . . . . . .you can send me a pm with your address and I will send you the extra key I have and the rod that goes with it and you can pay me $8.00 via Pay Pal if you don't want to mess with joining the Yamaha website.
Thank's jbtsax got in to Y24/7 found yas-23 schematic still reluctant to order....... I'll have to research yas-23, not
sure that part will work. Thank You for all your help!

robonsax

As per request I will put some pics into a media album, I will also include a pic of a Noblet "Beaugnier" tenor I used to have so you can compare some of similarities, keyguards, bell-brace etc. can't do it now off the the pub for the football

Tenor.JPG

Serial Number is 3378A which I can only guess late 60's early 70's.
Hi majordennis got your Vito Alto pic's nice horn! My ser.# is 9814A look's like my C# key is on the other
side of the bell, I will try to get you a pic soon to compare! How did you get to the media album, to post your
picture?

majordennis

Hi majordennis got your Vito Alto pic's nice horn! My ser.# is 9814A look's like my C# key is on the other
side of the bell, I will try to get you a pic soon to compare! How did you get to the media album, to post your
picture?
Have to admit I’ve only just worked out how to do it myself and it really is trial and error for me, @Jeanette please correct me if I’m wrong but, create a media album and use the url created to add it to the post, if that seems too simplistic or just wrong there are some instructions re media addition.

Unfortunately my Vito after being dragged half way around Europe fell off it’s stand at home and is currently awaiting some dent work before I can play it again.

Jeanette

Organizress
Cafe Moderator
Unfortunately my Vito after being dragged half way around Europe fell off it’s stand at home and is currently awaiting some dent work before I can play it again.
Oh no! so sorry to hear that
Have to admit I’ve only just worked out how to do it myself and it really is trial and error for me, @Jeanette please correct me if I’m wrong but, create a media album and use the url created to add it to the post, if that seems too simplistic or just wrong there are some instructions re media addition.
That's right media albums here

Jx

robonsax

Hey folks, I don't mean to post such huge pictures. I just don't know how to make them smaller. :confused2:
Hi, jbtsax.Well it make's for a good detail shot! Yes I went to ebay the other day.....before I saw your picture, and
looked at some of the yas-23's for sale, and some of the seller's had some good shot's of the upper register. And
it look's like that key will work on the Vito! So I went ahead and ordered it from Yamaha. Hey thank's for stickin
with me on this thead! I've never had a yas-23 or even seen one for that matter! That's why I was a little
hesitant;

robonsax

Let me know if you need the hinge rod to go with the key. I can pop one in an envelope and send it to you. Yamaha I believe was out of that part.
That would be totally awesome jbtsax! Include your return address and I'll reimburse you! They said that was
back orderd 4-5 week's. e-mail me at mod edit email removed please use pc and I'll send my address,

Last edited by a moderator:

robonsax

Yes, one horn say's Taiwan with a 4 digit ser.# the other say's Japan w/4 digit ser.# the one in the pic post#14
is Japanese. It does not matter because they are exactly the same.
I am posting a CORRECTION..... both of the Vito's in this discussion ARE Japanese, I must have gotten an e-bay
sale's posting in my head, Sorry for the misinformation.

Top Bottom