All profit supporting special needs music education and Help Musicians
SYOS

High Altitude Tenorist

old git

Tremendous Bore
Why not a Cryonogised Doorbell section?

Okay, winter's coming and you've bad circulation...................

Jeanette

Organizress
Cafe Moderator
A very belated warm welcome to the café :)

The only ice cubes I am interested in are those in my gin.

Have fun

Jx

Dr G

I’m baaaaaaaack.

No longer living at altitude, tho’ - more like a mere 10m above sea level. My gosh, but the air is thick!

Still playing the Borgani tenor (and added another, a lesser other, and a wee other as well).

I’ve retired from my day gig, but am failing at leisure. I guess that’ll leave me more time to catch up on anything I might have missed.

Cheers!

George

Dr G

Do you still have it and does it still work........'my compulsive, analytical nature'?
Cheers, Pooleman.

Compulsive and analytical is not showing any signs of leaving - although my hair and eyes are showing a lot of wear.

Your question triggered my mind to ponder whether the fading of some features might enhance other faculties, such as the parallel anecdotes of people’s hearing sharpening when they go blind.

I’m a lifetime learner, as well, and my kids are quick to tell me that I’m miserably failing my attempt at retiring. Although no longer a full time research scientist, I now work part time as a senior engineer for a firm that evaluates and predicts residual stresses in structural components of aircraft and other machinery.

It’s good to come back to the Cafe and see old(er) friends.

Regards,

George

Wade Cornell

Subscriber
Hey George good to have you around. We can continue our discussions and love of Italian horns here. Sorry I didn't buy your Borg, but got an amazing prototype G Keilwerth alto from Uwe S. Had some difficulties with intonation, but now sorted. Beautiful rich tone...dare I say it?.... as good as our favorite Italian horns?

Looking forward to future discussions!

Dr G

Hey George good to have you around. We can continue our discussions and love of Italian horns here. Sorry I didn't buy your Borg, but got an amazing prototype G Keilwerth alto from Uwe S. Had some difficulties with intonation, but now sorted. Beautiful rich tone...dare I say it?.... as good as our favorite Italian horns?

Looking forward to future discussions!
It’s hard for me to imagine playing anything but Borgani tenors anymore. I’ve had this silver plate one for 12 years or so (Selmers for 20+ years before that). I wanted to like the J-K tenors for a long time, but when I finally got my hands on one, I didn’t get along with the feel of the touches on the stack keys.

Your brother in tenor tone,

George

jbtsax

Subscriber
It’s hard for me to imagine playing anything but Borgani tenors anymore. I’ve had this silver plate one for 12 years or so (Selmers for 20+ years before that). I wanted to like the J-K tenors for a long time, but when I finally got my hands on one, I didn’t get along with the feel of the touches on the stack keys.

Your brother in tenor tone,

George
Welcome back to the Cafe. You have piqued my interest in the Borgani line of saxophones and I tried unsuccessfully to find a dealer in the US to compare prices with other makes. I thought you might know of a source of information.

Dr G

Welcome back to the Cafe. You have piqued my interest in the Borgani line of saxophones and I tried unsuccessfully to find a dealer in the US to compare prices with other makes. I thought you might know of a source of information.

I don’t know of many dealers in the U.S. - Roberto’s Winds used to be a dealer, Tenor Madness, too. Rafael Navarro was a distributor several years ago, and helped me get a custom case. I see that Roberto’s has a few horns on their website now: Borgani

Beyond that, several of the horns that I have known came directly from people that visited the factory in Macerata, and purchased the horns there. I have been fortunate to get all the Borgani Jubilees that I have played. I have had two sops, one alto, and at least a half dozen tenors in the last 20 years.

buddy lee

I don’t know of many dealers in the U.S. - Roberto’s Winds used to be a dealer, Tenor Madness, too. Rafael Navarro was a distributor several years ago, and helped me get a custom case. I see that Roberto’s has a few horns on their website now: Borgani

Beyond that, several of the horns that I have known came directly from people that visited the factory in Macerata, and purchased the horns there. I have been fortunate to get all the Borgani Jubilees that I have played. I have had two sops, one alto, and at least a half dozen tenors in the last 20 years.

Just don't try to buy one through Eric Falcon, there was a big mess on Facebook and legal actions pending. From what I understand, you CAN buy directly from Borgani...

Top Bottom