support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

Hi to all

AndyG

Having always loved the sax sound, I decided it was finally time to learn. In July, having strolled down to the local music shop, I returned home with a really nice second hand Jupiter jas-769 alto sax they had just taken as px and fully serviced.
I then discovered a dvd by Pete Thomas.....excellent!! thanks Pete.
Recently I came across this site and found it so usefull and often funny!! I just had to join...so here I am.
I have also been really encouraged reading other posts that even at 44 its never to late to learn!! and in fact since I started I seemed to have inspired 3 other friends to make sax purchases (maybe one day a new jazz band hehe).
Anyway, as always I look forward to reading others opinions and in the meantime just loving (not sure about the missus and the neighbours) blasting away to Blueberry Hill, Angels, Baker street and all the others that come on these fancy backing cds with music books (although I am still working on the reading music bit so playing by ear).

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello

Welcome to the cafe from another new boy I'm 60 and 2yrs down the sax road loving every minute the only advice I would give maybe is be careful it doesn't take over your life completely it gets very addictive GOOD LUCK John

Thanks

Thanks for the welcome John and good luck to you too.
As for the great bit of advice!! bit late I think it already has hehe!!

Hi Andy, what humor......never seen none of that! Welcome to the cafe, 44's an extremely good age for anything, (for two more months then 45 is the age to be!) Watch out that your enspirerees(?) don't learn quicker than you, (take a razor blade to their reeds whilst they're not looking (just kidding in case they join the cafe too :shocked:)

Watch out that your enspirerees(?) don't learn quicker than you, (take a razor blade to their reeds whilst they're not looking (just kidding in case they join the cafe too :shocked:)

I couldnt do that......or could I?:shocked:
Maybe just dip the mouthpieces in marmite but my luck they will be amongst those that love it.:confused:

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome along Andy from another who started mid forties. Good to see a bit of humour there, you'll need it! LOL. You can tell by Cols description of Camp as coffee! Marmite I can possibly handle but to call Camp "coffee" is an insult to "Birds Mellow"! LOL. Mind you I wouldn't let either get within 20 feet of my lips. Nice Guatemalan Ground beans, now there's coffee!

Welcome along fella.

woody

Hi Andy,
44 is not so bad, (I hope, as I am 56 and learning for a year so far). Are you going to a teacher? My wife made this a condition of buying me a sax, I just wanted to play about at home but my teacher has moved me much further forward than teaching myself, especially with reading.
Good luck.

Thanks and good luck to you too.
Yes it was my intention to just play about at home too, but now im truly hooked I have my first lesson this week.

Support Cafesaxophone

Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces
Back
Top Bottom