support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

hi there ;-)

There's a thread on here somewhere about drilling holes in mouthpieces to enable practice in public libraries, or late at night, or whenever else you need to play quietly.

Welcome Tony sales. Sometimes threads go off on a slight tangent.

Yes sushidushi , i do remember reading that thread but i haven't tried it, i suppose it may be worth trying if you could get hold of a cheap one.

Bigtwin,just saw a pic of your Conn bet you get a nice dark tone out of that ! looks great have you got a pic to post of it on its own ? the one i have just seen is of four horns, and one allegedly is not yours !

A poor iPhone snap of it and its mate as I sit here now...
sax.jpg

Yes, the sound is approximately described as warm molasses dribbling down the tanned inner thigh of a dusky maiden laid prone on the sun-kissed sands of a tropical beach. Roughly speaking.

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks in great condition Bigtwin Relaquer? you described the tone exactly as i imagined :w00t:

Looks in great condition Bigtwin Relaquer? you described the tone exactly as i imagined :w00t:

How did you know my surname?

No, it's all original. There are a few battlescars, it's had two post re-attached over the years, but nothing major. I brought it from Bill Lewington's in London back in the days when I was young, single, childless and rich (comparatively). I went in there having set an afternoon aside, having decided to get a lifetime keeper tenor regardless of the cost. Tried SA80s, Keilworths, Yanis, all sorts - pretty much everything in the shop (which was a lot back then). Then I blew that Conn, and that was it, game over. Every single time I pick it up, it's just pure pleasure.

How did you know my surname?

No, it's all original. There are a few battlescars, it's had two post re-attached over the years, but nothing major. I brought it from Bill Lewington's in London back in the days when I was young, single, childless and rich (comparatively). I went in there having set an afternoon aside, having decided to get a lifetime keeper tenor regardless of the cost. Tried SA80s, Keilworths, Yanis, all sorts - pretty much everything in the shop (which was a lot back then). Then I blew that Conn, and that was it, game over. Every single time I pick it up, it's just pure pleasure.

Glad to see you still have it, and looked after it, yes i remember Bill Lewington's great shop used to have to ring a bell for them to let you in ! all we have now is sax.uk a poor substitute.
Never fancied a mk v1 then ?

Back
Top Bottom