support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

Hi there!

tiritiuk

Hi all!!
Saxophonical salutations from Madrid. :D
Started to play sax around 5 months ago, but played flute, bagpipes and a bit of trumpet before.
I have a Yani A902 and a loved Vandoren A28 mpc(what a beautiful sound!)
I lived a few years back in UK (a beautiful place calles Staines) for a few years. I work in IT, and I am 43 yo.
That´s all folks!

Hey Hey Tirituk ...

Good to meet you mate ...

I am sure you will find lots of encouragement, hints and help if you need it, here at the Cafe ...

Have some fun as well mate - we all do ... ;}

Hi there, Tiramisu!

So, come on tell us more. Why sax, what sort of music do you want to be playing, who are your heroes, do you play Spanish music, or Jazz or Rock & Roll? Is ir purely for pleasure, do you play in public with your previous musical wanderings......etc.
Anyway, glad to have you aboard, and hope you have a great time at the Cafe.

Kind regards
Tom

You´ll make me cry...
TomMapIsmoke (is spanish, fumo=I smoke) :p, Why Sax? I always loved sax but I never had the chance to learn it and money to buy one (what is more imnportant).
I had my folkie age and went for flute and bagpipes. I used to play flute in a tipical spanish band, one of those you can find thousands all over Spain, playing "pasodobles" and tipical brass spanish music (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ECkS4gOSamQ), I also played bagpipes (the spanish ones, neither Irish, nor scotish) and whistles in a celtic band playing traditional Irish and Spanish tunes (My favourites ones are Paddy Moloney and Carlos Nuñez, two of the best pipers I´ve ever seen. For those interested, see http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=grHOcHIhXr8).
Then kids (3) and a hiatus of almost 18 years. In these 20 years I had a couple of years outr of four I was living in UK in which I started to play the trumpet my son left untouched. In UK I started to listen jazz more intensively mainly because the Staines library had an amazing jazz collection. I left aside the folk and I focussed on jazz and I discover a new world which I´m still enjoying
I stopped playing trumpet when I came back to Spain. It was a very hard time. That was by 2004. And in January I decided to fulfill a dream: playing sax. I was hard to convince my wife. As a matter of fact I didn´t convince her, but I decided to do it. I went to a local music school and I borrowed a sax from them. One month later I decided to buy one. Again a fight with my wife. I sold everything I had (trumpet, pipes) and I did a lot of overtime in my job to get the 2200€ I paid for my sax (Yanagisawa A902). I almost got killed by my wife :D
Everthing for the pleasure to play the sax.
I´m not a pro, just an amateur musician working in IT.
Last week I gathered another two guys (a tenor and a sop) and we set a trio. I don´t know what will be the outcome of this, but surely I´ll enjoy a lot. With my teacher a play classical. I´m following the book Look, Listen and Learn Vol 1.
Next Tuesday I´ll be playind The Riders March from Indiana Jones and the Riders of the Lost Ark in the concert the school runs every year. Let´s see how it goes. My first public appereance playing sax.
My favourites are Paul Desmond, Johnny Hodges, Art Pepper, Lee Konitz. On trumpet I love Chet Baker, Clarke Terry, Winton Marsalis,Miles Davis, Clifford Brown. I love Duke Ellington.
If the world does not end in 2012, I hope I´ll be playing jazz before I retire.
I´ll keep informed about my Sax Trio.
Well friends...see you around

Last edited by a moderator:
No worries old git,
It´s just a matter of time :D Flamenco-Jazz is no new stuff, although here is Spain is seen as a blasfemy by many of the traditionalists.

Happy saxing!

Welcome! We have some ex-pat Bits as members here, but are you the first proper Spaniard?
Like your taste in musicians. When the World does end, I hope I find myself in the same place as Johnny Hodges and Clifford Brown particularly.
YC

Support Cafesaxophone

Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces
Back
Top Bottom