All profit supporting special needs music education and Help Musicians
SYOS

Hi there!

tiritiuk

Hi all!!
Saxophonical salutations from Madrid. :D
Started to play sax around 5 months ago, but played flute, bagpipes and a bit of trumpet before.
I have a Yani A902 and a loved Vandoren A28 mpc(what a beautiful sound!)
I lived a few years back in UK (a beautiful place calles Staines) for a few years. I work in IT, and I am 43 yo.
That´s all folks!

Pyrografix

Senile Member
Welcome to the Madhouse!

There'll be lots of encouragement and advice from everyone here...

Cheers,

Amanda

Jeanette

Organizress
Cafe Moderator
Hello and welcome from me too. I am sure you will enjoy the cafe;}

Last edited by a moderator:

Chris

Well Known
Subscriber
Welcome to the cafe, dive in and have fun :welldone

Cheers

Chris:sax:

Taz

Busking Oracle
Hi Tirituk, welcome to the cafe, home of all things great and small!

Sunray

Hey Hey Tirituk ...

Good to meet you mate ...

I am sure you will find lots of encouragement, hints and help if you need it, here at the Cafe ...

Have some fun as well mate - we all do ... ;}

TomMapfumo

Hi there, Tiramisu!

So, come on tell us more. Why sax, what sort of music do you want to be playing, who are your heroes, do you play Spanish music, or Jazz or Rock & Roll? Is ir purely for pleasure, do you play in public with your previous musical wanderings......etc.
Anyway, glad to have you aboard, and hope you have a great time at the Cafe.

Kind regards
Tom

gladsaxisme

Try Hard Die Hard
Subscriber
Hi Tiritiuk

Welcome aboard have a good nights rest the inquisition starts tomorrow....john

tiritiuk

You´ll make me cry...
TomMapIsmoke (is spanish, fumo=I smoke) :p, Why Sax? I always loved sax but I never had the chance to learn it and money to buy one (what is more imnportant).
I had my folkie age and went for flute and bagpipes. I used to play flute in a tipical spanish band, one of those you can find thousands all over Spain, playing "pasodobles" and tipical brass spanish music (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ECkS4gOSamQ), I also played bagpipes (the spanish ones, neither Irish, nor scotish) and whistles in a celtic band playing traditional Irish and Spanish tunes (My favourites ones are Paddy Moloney and Carlos Nuñez, two of the best pipers I´ve ever seen. For those interested, see http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=grHOcHIhXr8).
Then kids (3) and a hiatus of almost 18 years. In these 20 years I had a couple of years outr of four I was living in UK in which I started to play the trumpet my son left untouched. In UK I started to listen jazz more intensively mainly because the Staines library had an amazing jazz collection. I left aside the folk and I focussed on jazz and I discover a new world which I´m still enjoying
I stopped playing trumpet when I came back to Spain. It was a very hard time. That was by 2004. And in January I decided to fulfill a dream: playing sax. I was hard to convince my wife. As a matter of fact I didn´t convince her, but I decided to do it. I went to a local music school and I borrowed a sax from them. One month later I decided to buy one. Again a fight with my wife. I sold everything I had (trumpet, pipes) and I did a lot of overtime in my job to get the 2200€ I paid for my sax (Yanagisawa A902). I almost got killed by my wife :D
Everthing for the pleasure to play the sax.
I´m not a pro, just an amateur musician working in IT.
Last week I gathered another two guys (a tenor and a sop) and we set a trio. I don´t know what will be the outcome of this, but surely I´ll enjoy a lot. With my teacher a play classical. I´m following the book Look, Listen and Learn Vol 1.
Next Tuesday I´ll be playind The Riders March from Indiana Jones and the Riders of the Lost Ark in the concert the school runs every year. Let´s see how it goes. My first public appereance playing sax.
My favourites are Paul Desmond, Johnny Hodges, Art Pepper, Lee Konitz. On trumpet I love Chet Baker, Clarke Terry, Winton Marsalis,Miles Davis, Clifford Brown. I love Duke Ellington.
If the world does not end in 2012, I hope I´ll be playing jazz before I retire.
I´ll keep informed about my Sax Trio.
Well friends...see you around

Last edited by a moderator:

gladsaxisme

Try Hard Die Hard
Subscriber
WOW ! Tiritiuk

Your really coming along at a pace if your doing all that already,keep enjoying it....john

old git

Tremendous Bore
Quite a coincidence, tiritiuk did the folk route on different instruments although I was/am a pre and post folk jazzer.

A little disappointed in not having the first Flamenco tenor player.;}

tiritiuk

No worries old git,
It´s just a matter of time :D Flamenco-Jazz is no new stuff, although here is Spain is seen as a blasfemy by many of the traditionalists.

Happy saxing!

Young Col

Welcome! We have some ex-pat Bits as members here, but are you the first proper Spaniard?
Like your taste in musicians. When the World does end, I hope I find myself in the same place as Johnny Hodges and Clifford Brown particularly.
YC

Saxholder Pro

Members online

Help!Mailing List
Top Bottom