support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

Hi, just moved in from the other town,you know, ***ontheweb

Hi, I'm just moving from one sax town to a better Saxophone town. I upset a few people with what I thought was a pretty tame comment about people posting waste of time, silly, vague answers that don't help in answering questions. I hope replies in forums, about saxophone questions, will help to solving the relevant question and not disappear off on a long & winding road in a totally different direction.(or at least be intentionally humorous & make me laugh)
I look forward to testing my theory on the people here in this town and I already like the coffee more, that they serve here.
Hello to all you great & knowledgeable people, I'll post about my Siler Saxophone soon.
Please come say hi.

Regards,

Mr Andersson

Welcome from me, but I feel I should warn you that the very same thing happens here. As a moderator my policy is not to worry about threads going off at tangents. As long as everything remains civilised and within the rules.

In fact I am one of the people who is often responsible for a bit of humour or off topic asides, both on this forum and on SOTW.

Noting your reference to ***ontheweb I should maybe add that I don't think of that or any other forum as a rival. It's perfectly fine to say SaxOnTheWeb. I was a member of SOTW (and moderator) before this forum was formed and still post there. Although the analogy of two towns makes sense in one respect, it was never the intention of this forum when it started.

Hi Mr. A!

A Warm Welcome to Cafe *** from the Skabertawe Lites, down here in Wales.

I hope that you live down your opening Gambit as it did not present in a particularly engaging manner - as if you were laying down the gauntlet. Be that as it may I am sure that you will be given feedback if your more personal comments present as other than tame.
There are several folks on here that hale from Scandinavia and adjacent countries, and several from the US, even if the majority are resident in the UK.

I hope that the Cafe offers you good contact and info, and that you are able to make meaningful and approachable contributions over the coming weeks and months. Do feel free to share a little more info about yourself - what you play, how long, what the music scene is like in Sweden, what you listen to, who your favoiurite sax players are etc. What you have shared so far is important but presents a little starkly to my mind.

Kind regards
Tom

I've just noticed the above post - must have been posted when I was writing mine. Sounds nice!

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome from me too:)

I must admit I quite like the banter and have learnt a lot from various threads that do go off orignal topic, often makes interesting reading and helps to get to know each other.

Hope we don't upset you.

Jx

Don't know about the others, but I promise to always give you a real answer if a real question is asked, and won't answer if I haven't got the knowledge. There seems to be a fair amount of real knowledge around, but lots who just want to chit chat as well.

Welcome.

Back
Top Bottom