Hi, from compound Manchester UK. Just joined 8/5/10 at 11 30am.

compound

Hi,
I'm an ex player who's just started again after 9 years abstinence. I'm only a hobbiest and play whenever i can, but loving it.

Young Col

Hi Compound
Is that compound as in interval, time signature, double expansion steam engine, Lily the Pink's Medicinal or something else I've forgotten...?
Whichever, welcome to the forum and the late returners' club!
YC

OP
C

compound

Hi Compound
Is that compound as in interval, time signature, double expansion steam engine, Lily the Pink's Medicinal or something else I've forgotten...?
Whichever, welcome to the forum and the late returners' club!
YC
Hi there,
Actualy it's compound as in compound bow, but thank's for asking.
cheers compound.

OP
C

compound

compound manchester. A bit more info.

A bit more info as my first thread vanished. I started playing again two month's ago after nine year's rest. I used to play an S.M.L. 2001 tenor, which is a stencil of a B@S. 2001 which was made in germany. I bought that new in 1993 for £1,850. I have just bought myself a Walstein phospher bronze tenor for £569 which in my opinion play's every bit as good as the S.M.L. did. The lower notes are much better in fact.

I also got myself an original vintage Berg Larsen mouthpiece 105/1/m of ebay , which i used for a few week's, i then thought i'd try out one of those Sharkbite gold plated jazz pieces for £29, what have you got to lose for that price?. I've got to say it's the best mouthpiece i've ever used, edgy and loud like the Berg but easier to blow, what a bargain.
Cheer's Compound.

OP
C

compound

Hi Phil,
I apologise if i've made a mistake with the threads, this is my first time on anything like this.
Regards compound.

Young Col

...I should have added compound fracture, but I was just going to welcome you as the first archer that I thought we had on forum when I saw that Nick shoots too!

OP
C

compound

Hi young col,
You know us archers are everywhere, there's bound to be more of us knocking about, just like sax players.
Cheers Compound.

Andante cantabile

Hallo Compound

The Lockheed Super Constellation also used to have compound engines. Be that as it may, why did you choose this exact moment to join?

Nick Cook

Hi, Nick,
What's your club, i shoot at Assheton bowmen Middleton nr Manchester
regards Rob.
Hi Rob, Bowmen of Warfield near Bracknell. I started last year, had a bit of a break over the winter (sent my hired bow back and didn't do much about getting my own), and am really enjoying it again!!!

OP
C

compound

Hello Beckmesser,
I've been thinking about it for a while, but not being clued up on computers i was a bit wary. But not as bad as i thought.
Cheers Compound.

OP
C

compound

Hi Nick,
Pleased to hear your enjoying it again, i reckon if we had better weather it would be much more enjoyable. I've lost count of the times we've had to pack in because of gale force winds and monsoon's, anyway stick at it mate and have fun.
Rob.

Top Bottom