support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

Hi from Anzio (Italy)

Welcome Guido from Anzio!

I have some mixed memories from my short visit in Anzio many years ago. It was our third unscheduled stop as we sailed back from Adriatica, aiming at Porto Cervo in Sardegna after a brief stop in Reggio de Calabre. We had left Dubrovnik about a week before on our way to Corfou (Greece) but the winds were not favorable and our skipper, who was a very cautious man, decided to hit Brindisi first to avoid then hostile Albanian waters. But winds were still against us when we left Brindisi and continued to be so as we rounded the Tarente Peninsula and were forced to take refuge in Crotone for a couple of days. Then after a few days of white calm in the tyrrhenian sea, as we started to get wind and see the Tavolara island, humming the welcoming smell of a long awaited Pastis in Porto Cervo a few hours later, we witnessed growing waves comping at us and stronger winds too. There was nothing we could do, but turn around and that's how we ended up in Anzio after a rough night instead of the posh marina of Porto Cervo!

I was probably 16 at the time. So it's nearly 40 years ago!

I've been to Porto Cervo twice again after that, but never to Anzio!

Enjoy the café. It's a very cool place, with fair winds!

Back
Top Bottom