Photo contest

Hi folks, I'm new here. Just shouting out a big HELLO.

groovyb

Hi folks,
I'm Nick hailing from the flat lands of Lincolnshire. I'm self taught and have been playing for about 18 years. I play alto mainly, but bought my first tenor about 6 months ago and spent much of that time since wishing I'd bought one years ago !!!
I've played in a few local bands and done a bit of session stuff for some local studios, now go out solo as a singer/sax.
I'm on here to chat and hopefully pick up some pointers and tips along the way .... Being self taught I've picked up some bad habits too, and my theory, playing and sight reading are all at very different levels. It's not good :)
My main alto is an unlaquered yani 992, I play through a eugene rousseau jdx 6 jazz mouthpiece using vandoren jazz reeds (3's) or V16's, held together with a leather lig. My tenor is a Yam yts62 matt. using the mouthpiece it came with although I think another would benefit me.
Anyway, anyway thats a bit about me... just saying HELLO !!!!!

Whatca Nick ...

Welcome to the Cafe mate ...

Your just up the road a way - I am in Kings Lynn area ... *Sunray Waves* ;}

I am sure that playing by ear for that time has also brought many benefits ...

Have some fun here mate ...

:cheers:

Hi Nick, from the county capital, well just 7 miles north in the small hamlet that is Brattleby. Blink on your way through and miss it! Nice to have a fellow yeller belly in the cafe. :)

Back
Top Bottom