All profit supporting special needs music education and Help Musicians
Tutorials

Hi folks, I'm new here. Just shouting out a big HELLO.

groovyb

Hi folks,
I'm Nick hailing from the flat lands of Lincolnshire. I'm self taught and have been playing for about 18 years. I play alto mainly, but bought my first tenor about 6 months ago and spent much of that time since wishing I'd bought one years ago !!!
I've played in a few local bands and done a bit of session stuff for some local studios, now go out solo as a singer/sax.
I'm on here to chat and hopefully pick up some pointers and tips along the way .... Being self taught I've picked up some bad habits too, and my theory, playing and sight reading are all at very different levels. It's not good :)
My main alto is an unlaquered yani 992, I play through a eugene rousseau jdx 6 jazz mouthpiece using vandoren jazz reeds (3's) or V16's, held together with a leather lig. My tenor is a Yam yts62 matt. using the mouthpiece it came with although I think another would benefit me.
Anyway, anyway thats a bit about me... just saying HELLO !!!!!

Pyrografix

Senile Member
Welcome,

I'm sure you enjoy the banter here, and there'll be lots of helpful advice if you want it!

Cheers,

Taz

Busking Oracle
Hi Nick welcome to the cafe. I recently spent a few very snowy days driving my 4x4 around your homeland. Very beautiful!

Sunray

Whatca Nick ...

Welcome to the Cafe mate ...

Your just up the road a way - I am in Kings Lynn area ... *Sunray Waves* ;}

I am sure that playing by ear for that time has also brought many benefits ...

Have some fun here mate ...

:cheers:

les3716

Hi Nick, great to hear from you - hope to hear how you get along, enjoy the trip,
Les.

Young Col

Hi Nick, welcome. Do contribute from your experience and take any advice from here that you need!
YC

gladsaxisme

Try Hard Die Hard
Subscriber
Hi Nick

Welcome aboard you seem to be getting the gist of things already have fun ...john

Two Voices

Welcome to the Cafe!

Got to see you singing and playing the sax one day :D A unique act you have there :))) :))) :)))

Jonners

Welcome groovy - it sometimes seems to me that life is one long stream of bad habits that need rectifying but who cares - you are solo standard - great.

Sue

If at first you don't succeed try try try a Gin
Subscriber
Hi Nick, from the county capital, well just 7 miles north in the small hamlet that is Brattleby. Blink on your way through and miss it! Nice to have a fellow yeller belly in the cafe. :)

Larn

Hi Nick warm welcome from Shropshire are you an Imps fan if so won't mention the score.

Regards Mark.

Top Bottom