support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

Hey from sunny Colorado

frankeric

well most of time it's sunny here....
Hi there. I got here from SOTW and reading PT's great web site. Pete you are a wealth of info and I thank you for that.
I had no, none, nothing, nada, music background, so 2 years ago I started the sax. 1 hr / day 7 days / week. My first teacher, for 1 year, was a young person's experienced teacher, great for the 1st few months, but after that I wasn't progressing. Then I found a sax grad student that I had for 4 months and he took me light years from where I was. Now I'm with a piano teacher who has 30+ years of teaching, recording, and public performing. He told me I had great sound but needed timing and theory understanding and practice. What a trip. I'm happy with my progress I just need to stop beating myself up for staring so late in life; but better late than never.
So here I am, in this sax community, wanting to converse and learn.
thanks all, frank

G'day frankeric,
Good choice of name their, so easy for people to remember. You'll have great fun learning stuff around here! The social chatting is top too. I've been to Maroon Bells and nearly made it to the top of Mt Sopris in your part of the world.
Cheers
From a bit of a clown in UK
Jimu

Hi Frank, welcome, i think you will find there are a lot of later starters here, i started two years ago, 49 now. Don't beat yourself up, i'm sure you will find it a great journey as we all do. Welcome from Phil in Chigwell.

Hi Frankeric

Welcome to the cafe you'll love it here there are lots of nutters like me and some inteligencia as well,I'm 62 and 2.5 yrs in, and to be honest I seem to be coming on leaps and bounds now.

My latest venture is over the rainbow and loving it I keep threatening to post some of my rubbish but haven't figured out how yet.

enjoy the cafe....john in sunny Manchester

Thanks for the welcome and support. Now I need to jump to the forum that discusses reeds, the bane of the sax. I can go months just rotating 3 or 4 reeds and never have a bad practice. Then, without a warning, they all go bad, or so I assume. When this happens I think it's something I'm doing wrong. Thanks to PT and his advise on reeds I now know its not me but the dam reeds. Before I got my otto link I was using the custom Yam 4C and a Legere. Like the sun rising, it never failed. What I didn't like was the 4c sound so I got a link from Phil Tone (Phil Engleman) and tried to use my Legere but no sound came out. I now use Vandoren Java #2 only. When the reeds are good there is no better sound. Anyway, good day to you all.
frank
yam 875ex, otto link tone edge, Vandoren Java

Welcome to the Cafe Frank, Vandorans are definitely a good path to tread.
Now that you've found the sax, don't waste time beating yourself up (or anyone else for that matter) just enjoy the time you've had and look forward to the time you've got!

Hi Frank. Fort Collins is on the map here. One of my sons went there a few years ago while visiting friends in Greeley City.
We often say on here that you're never too old to start learning music; it's great journey!
Welcome
Colin

Hi frank,
Welcome from sunny Manchester U. k. Your never too old mate. Just enjoy it, stick at it and you will suprise yourself. What are you playing Tenor Alto , Sop,? I've played alto and tenor, but prefer the tenor for the rock and roll i play. Anyway the very best of luck with your effort's.
Cheer's Rob.

Back
Top Bottom