support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

Jazz He's at it again . Hurray!

Great clip.
I do love the 'where the @#%^ is the count in?' hand gesture at the beginning :D

I want to be that good when I grow up. What a great sound and style. He doesn't play lots of notes---just the "right" ones. Thanks for turning me on to this dude. Now I want to transcribe some of his solos.

He's superb....just in time for my total Jazz impro immersion therapy!
I've subscribed to his channel!

What should I do to achieve a tone like that...?
this is what I want....!

He really is a very fine player and I just hear that Conn sound . For me it`s the perfect Pre 1960`s sound. "More power to his elbow" and long may he continue to post his stuff for the ones that come behind us.:welldone:welldone

Great playing and tone, interesting looking fella.

Well for a start you can offer me lots of money for my Conn 10m...exactly like the one in the vid!

hehehe
I would really enjoy it if I found a sax that alone would make me play like that...

Good try...!!! ;}

The man is a true international legend- I wish I was technically proficient in computer fiddling about and could download his tracks to my steam-driven mp3 player as neither he nor his son seem interested in putting them out on CD. I'm sure they would make a bomb but perhaps it is something to do with the use of backing tracks and copyright/performing rights issues on those. It is only since he was drawn to my attention on this forum that I have bookmarked Youtube on the p.c. and I can't carry that about with me.

Considering that Mr Graves Senior is, I understand, of 1924 vintage his playing is nothing short of amazing.

Dave

Considering that Mr Graves Senior is, I understand, of 1924 vintage his playing is nothing short of amazing.

Dave

Yep. Hes actually older than His/any 10m.

The man is a true international legend- I wish I was technically proficient in computer fiddling about and could download his tracks to my steam-driven mp3 player as neither he nor his son seem interested in putting them out on CD. I'm sure they would make a bomb but perhaps it is something to do with the use of backing tracks and copyright/performing rights issues on those. It is only since he was drawn to my attention on this forum that I have bookmarked Youtube on the p.c. and I can't carry that about with me.

Dave
Dave, if you download Audacity to your computer (free audio software) you could record directly as you play the YouTube clip, then clip the ends off as necessary and export the whole track as an MP3, which you could then send to your MP3 player.
If I can manage it, trust me, so can you....

The man is a true international legend- I wish I was technically proficient in computer fiddling about and could download his tracks to my steam-driven mp3 player as neither he nor his son seem interested in putting them out on CD.
Dave
Rumour has it you can do that with Audacity. Not too much fiddling required (allegedly).

Edit: Oops --- didn't see Mandy's reply above.

Last edited by a moderator:
If you install FFmpeg as well as Audacity, it'll do the import for you as long as the source isn't DRM protected. Realplayer (amongst others) will download from youtube to your pc.

From the Audacity online help:
You can install the optional FFmpeg library to import a much larger range of audio formats including AC3, AMR(NB), M4A, MP4 and WMA (if the files are not DRM-protected to work only in particular software). FFmpeg will also import audio from most video files or DVDs that are not DRM-protected. On Mac only, Audacity can import M4A, MP4 and MOV files without FFmpeg.

Older uncompressed file types such as WAV with U-Law or IMA ADPCM encoding are normally supported provided they contain correctly formatted header information.
If files do not have header information (such as RAW or VOX ADPCM) or have non-standard header information, you can normally import them using File > Import > Raw Data....
WAV files from portable recorders may contain proprietary compressed audio. These should not be imported as Raw Data, but by installing the FFmpeg library.
LOF files (lists of files) are also supported if the list is correctly formatted and contains supported files.

Be sure to stay within copyright regs, though.

Back
Top Bottom