Photo contest

Hello

Kas44

Hi Everyone joined to try to help myself and pick up anything. As a mature student and having my first lesson next week. I have brought a secondhand Trevor James Classic Alto Sax. I can't read music and never played any instruments!!

Welcome to the café and to the saxophone world.

Welcome to the Café, and to the start of a satisfiying and sometimes frustrating saxophone journey.

If you've learned to play golf or to cook, playing saxophone is no more frustrating. It just requires some practice and enthusiasm.

But it will most likely fill you with joy often enough too!

Take care.

Hi welcome. The Café is a haven for mature' students of all levels and experiences...

Getting to grips with the basics of reading music is not difficult. Something I'm a fan of is learning to listen to a peice and following the music: it helps with reading, keeping in time etc. (It's easier to do this in my opinion with classical music since what is written is what is played... you can download scores/parts from IMSLP.org)

Hi and Welcome. As a very mature newbie, I can assure you , whether you’re looking for information, instruction or just a frendly chat you couldn’t have picked a better place!

Back
Top Bottom