support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

Hello from the newest enthusiast!

rookiesaxplayer

Hi everyone! I joined CafeSaxophone in the hopes of finding some guidance from more experienced players.
I am a beginner sax player and have been renting a Jupiter, but I would like to begin looking into purchasing my own horn. Since money is a little tight, I have a budget of around $500. If you have a recommendation for me, please post below. Thanks for reading my post!:)

Hi, big welcome from me. Lots of guys here will try and help with advice. Many are UK based, so some of the suggestions may be for models not available where you are (I assume US).

Think about getting a used instrument. With care you can get some bargains!

Have fun here!

Hey Hey Rookie ... [says one Rookie to another] :)

Welcome to the Cafe mate ...

It may help people to recommend for you if you say which type of sax you are interested in ... [e.g. Tenor, Alto etc].

Have fun here and good luck on your new journey ... :thumb:

Big welcome rookie I do not know if you can get them in the USA but I am a fan of the Trevor James range but I think they will be outside your budget. Good suggestion fro Kev and I would think you have quite a large selection SH models stateside. Regards N.

Hi Rookie from the USA,

As Kev said you can get some secondhand bargains, I'd recommend you seek advice and even a trial blow from teachers, players, that you know of in your area, if you don't know any, well that's a great opportunity to get to know some!
Best to start of with a horn that will keep you interested.

Best of Luck

Hello and welcome. I agree. If it plays and you like the feel of it stick with what you know. Second hand is a minefield if you don't know what you're looking at and the sky's the limit with new ones. A horn will find you if you keep looking.

Support Cafesaxophone

Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces
Back
Top Bottom