support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

Hello from sunny Scotland

weeleese

Locality
Central Scotland
Hi there,
I'm Lisa, A jazz fan and new Sax player. Having played the flute for 13 years i decided to swap over. So far so good! :)

Welcome Lisa (the posh version, not that lousy Zee),

Welcome to the caff. Should be no problem with fingering as long as you remember to press the left thumb when you want to go up an octave and not narrow the air stream and increase speed. ;}

Nice people, well except for me, good advice, except for mine and enjoyable.

Welcome Lisa (the posh version, not that lousy Zee),

Welcome to the caff. Should be no problem with fingering as long as you remember to press the left thumb when you want to go up an octave and not narrow the air stream and increase speed. ;}

Nice people, well except for me, good advice, except for mine and enjoyable.
Thanks!
That and try not to direct the airflow down as i keep forgetting.
(and your the first person to call me posh...... think i like it)

Hello Leese, and a warm welcome to the cafe. I'm sure you'll get on great with the sax. Have fun.

Jim.

Welcome Lisa. Enjoy the saxophone and the good advice and laughs here.

Mr Git's advice on the difference between sax and flute will be correct - he does play flute: I've seen him. However, please don't flatter him too much. It makes his knees go and as his offical Zimmer retainer I have to go round and steady him. :shocked::D
Colin

Ha-ha,Thanks guys

Duly noted.
Will remember in future, I wouldn't like to cause a crash! :D

Welcome to the forum Lisa...from an ex Lowland Scot , whose now a South Islander in New Zealand.

More volume and power in the Sax Eh!

Hoping to visit the old County next year!

Like the Coltrane quote.

Here's another.

"I don't make a habit of wishing for what I don't have, but I often wish for a lighter nature. Dizzy has that beautiful gift- I can't say people be happy, it's something I can't command. But you have to be true to your own nature."

Cheers & Caio
Jimu:mrcool

Welcome to the forum Lisa...from an ex Lowland Scot , whose now a South Islander in New Zealand.

More volume and power in the Sax Eh!

Hoping to visit the old County next year!

Like the Coltrane quote.

Here's another.

"I don't make a habit of wishing for what I don't have, but I often wish for a lighter nature. Dizzy has that beautiful gift- I can't say people be happy, it's something I can't command. But you have to be true to your own nature."

Cheers & Caio
Jimu:mrcool
Thanks!,
I'm actually a lowlander myself! I wouldn't mind swapping it for NZ though.

Thanks for the quote!

Hi Lisa, welcome to the cafe. I'm a sax player who's learning flute and having great fun (frustrating at times though)

Phil

Hi Lisa, welcome to the Caff from the centre of the universe..... well Rugby! :w00t:

Hi Lisa I'm another one from flute to Sax - had to be done for jazz and blues jams etc! :welldone what have you got?

Hi Lisa -

I started on sax - then picked up flute! Welcome to the Cafe :D

Hi ya Lisa

Welcome to the forum. I played the flute for only a few weeks in school as a teenager; could never do the mouth shape properly - be okay one day and then poo for the next four! I'm English and hence a cross-boundary "immigrant" to the Shetland Islands (hey, why haven't the EU invented a quango for peeps who "emigrate" within a nation because it is, after all, another country LOL - or have they and I just don't know?).

Sunny Scotland? Crumbs, I remember when I moved here - was lovely sunshine one minute, then a couple of hours later I couldn't even see the washing hung up in the garden because of fog!

Good luck with the sax.

Back
Top Bottom