support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

Hello from sunny Cornwall

Bude Bill

I hope this is the doorbell entry. Have been round the site a few times to get it correct.
Have just bought my first sax.(alto). Only had it three days but am getting to grips with scales. Still making a few squeaks. Trying to find a teacher locally but they are thin on the ground it seems. Have read quite a few of your posts, you all seem to be a friendly helpful bunch. Looking forward joining in.

Hello Bill, welcome to BR, I am also Newbie, they are a friendly helpful bunch here.... I "play" (gross misuse of the english language) Tenor sax, did have alto for a while but wanted to focus on the Tenor for the deeper sounds.

North Cornwall: I have place in Trevone nr Padstow - beautiful part of the country.

Welcome Bill. Now this could get confusing as Old Git is also Bill. Hopefully that's where the similarity ends and you don't live in a downtown Croydon penthouse. Actually it's more like the Hotel Alvin where Lester Young used to hang out, opposite Birdland.

Used to take the family to Rock (what a great name for a place!) when they were young, many years ago. Lovely country and beaches.
Colin

¡Hola! and a warm welcome to the BR from Spain. Any confusion in having both an Old Git Bill and an Old Bill Bill will be quickly resolved ... as long as you can avoid ever mentioning Croydon in despatches! Enjoy yourself here. I've only been an alto owner for 18 months but there's lots of helpful info here and the natives are really friendly!

I hope this is the doorbell entry. Have been round the site a few times to get it correct.
Have just bought my first sax.(alto). Only had it three days but am getting to grips with scales. Still making a few squeaks. Trying to find a teacher locally but they are thin on the ground it seems. Have read quite a few of your posts, you all seem to be a friendly helpful bunch. Looking forward joining in.

Your profile says North Cornwall. As Mamos says, there are a few of us here. Regarding visiting musicians, the band I am in, The Various Assortments, are doing a gig in the Bettle and Chisel in Delabole on 25th July. That's Northish Cornwall. You anywhere near there? I live in Pensilva, about as far from the coast as you can get in Cornwall (with the possible exception of Launceston).

Cheers

Martin

Thanks for the warm welcome

Its very nice to get such a welcome. I note that some of you live or have links to Cornwall, I live at the top end near Bude but its not a stones throw from Padstow, and even nearer to Delabole, thats in South West miles obviously. Shall try to get down to the gig.
Should have thought of the conatations when I selected Old Bill, definately am not and never have been in the "job".
Thanks again, keep practicing.

Your profile says North Cornwall. As Mamos says, there are a few of us here. Regarding visiting musicians, the band I am in, The Various Assortments, are doing a gig in the Bettle and Chisel in Delabole on 25th July. That's Northish Cornwall. You anywhere near there? I live in Pensilva, about as far from the coast as you can get in Cornwall (with the possible exception of Launceston).

Cheers

Martin

I will come up for that if I can

What sort of music?

I might cycle up from Falmouth if the weather is good and camp at the camp site down the road

I have always wanted to go to delabole to see the big hole

mamos

Regarding visiting musicians, the band I am in, The Various Assortments, are doing a gig in the Bettle and Chisel in Delabole on 25th July.

Hired a cottage in Delabole for a week years ago. At end of holiday, car wouldn't start, so tried to bump start it down the hill, and nearly ended up in the big hole at the bottom. A slate mine. The hole in Delabole:shocked:

Hi old Bill
I left RN 1970, did me 9 yrs. Ex sparker, last posting Northwood, stayed in London, worked as temp as telex op for several companies, met wife, moved to Dorset. Welcome to the madhouse.

Last edited by a moderator:
I will come up for that if I can

What sort of music?

I might cycle up from Falmouth if the weather is good and camp at the camp site down the road

I have always wanted to go to delabole to see the big hole

mamos

Cycle from Falmouth! Are you mad (or just very, very fit??)

A guide to the music we play is on my website at

www.martin-j.webs.com/othermusic.htm

Be aware that the music you hear there is only a rough recording for rehearsal purposes and is mostly for the band to hear different versions and try-outs of solos but it gives an indication of the style of stuff that we do. There is also a link on my homepage there to The Various Assortments website (it desperately needs updating though but it's not my site so I can't do anything about it).

Don't come up before I confirm the gig a day or two before just in case something changes. If you get there I look forward to meeting you. If not, then perhaps I'll see you somewhere else as we hope to do gigs all over Cornwall and Devon at some point.

Cheers

Martin

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello Bill - Welcome to the BR from the Green Mountains....

my Gran was from Cornwall....I've always wanted to visit her birthplace.

Congratulations on the new alto - hope you're enjoying it ;)

Support Cafesaxophone

Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces
Back
Top Bottom