Photo contest

Hello from Rugby

BrianJoeSandy

Hello Saxophonistas,

I live in the wilds of Warwickshire. Was so impressed by a soprano player in the Glen Miller tribute band (anybody know who he might be?) playing in Leamington a couple of years ago. went out and bought a Saxgourmet soprano - big mistake. Swapped it for a Yani 901. Later got a Mauriat tenor. been playing now for 18 months. Still on excercise 1 from jerry Coker's Elements of the jazz language - playing major chords increasing chromatically. Nearly cracked Lee Allen Walkin with Mr Lee at about 70% speed now. Main interest is now Jazz and Blues.

Here is my home page:
http://www.warwick.ac.uk/~maaac/

Hallo from a not-too-distant Daventry. There's a geezer on this site by the name of Taz (nice bloke, rubbish sax-player ;}) lives your way and terrifies the residents of central Rugby at a jam session in The Squirrels pub every week. Avoid at all costs.

Welcome.

Oi!!! :mad:
Welcome to the cafe breakfast room, just ignore those from Daventry, they're so common you know! Ah yes, Rugby town centre, the home of the busker! (I live just up the road) :sax:

PS. I should have looked at your website before posting, I used to drive past your house on my occasional green laning trips!

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks very much, if you liked that and your not busy on Sunday, pop along to the Granville Arms in Barford (near Warwick) as the band I play with is playing there from 4 till 9. Should be good. (Dooce and Mrs D are going to try to come along)
See you there?

Back
Top Bottom