support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

Hello from Merseyside

Fredso

Locality
Merseyside
I've been looking at the forum for some time now signed up a couple of weeks ago and have finally got round to introducing myself. I've been learning to play the tenor for 6 months now and happily ruining every tune I play, I have a real problem with timing! Thanks to those here who mentioned Smart Music I am now using that to improve my timing, much better than the metronome as I can't kid myself I got it right. Also I have found so much useful information posted and it's always comforting to know that others suffer with some of the same issues when learning and practicing.

Welcome to the caff Fredso.
ENJOY!

Hello Fredso and a warm welcome to the cafe. Timing? We all know the feeling. Keep at it.

Jim.

G'day from NZ
Welcome to the forum.
Yup we all learn something every day
Good to have you aboard

Loverly accect in Mersey

Caio
Jimu

Hi, Fredso!

Hope you have a great time in the Cafe, and feel really part of things from the off! What is your ambition in learning Sax? Are you a late or early bloomer - suppose it all depends on your timing :w00t:
I hope that you play the music you enjoy, and get real encouragement from all the folks here,
and never walk alone!

Kind regards
Tom:cool:

Hello Fredso and welcome :) You've found the right spot!

Hi Fredso
Welcome to the caff from sunny Manchester there's no rivalry here and before you ask I know nothing about football

The timing thing!!! I tend to play tunes as I sing them in my head and have major problems doing the foot tapping and counting thing but hey ho I'm doing this for my enjoyment and don't play with any one else yet, I suppose I'll have big probs when I do,maybe I'll take a look at that site you mentioned.You learn something every day, Good luck with your sax and enjoy it....John

Hi all and thanks for the warm welcome.

Already had an invite to join a band, unfortunately doesn't fit with working hours but one to keep in mind.

As for Football I have no interest!

Hi Fredso, welcome to the cafe. Merseyside eh? I bought my first sax from Liverpool, I named it Tinkerbell....cos it was a......... "Fairy from cross the Mersey"

I'll get my coat!

Hi and welcome. I too struggle with timing, I understand it, it's just putting it into practise :w00t: I suppose
it'll come with................well, time!

Welcome Fred? Smartmusic is great. I keep finding more and more depth as I keep exploring it. Have lots of fun.

Hi Fredso
Welcome from Halifax, not a million miles east of you, I used to ride my bikes on Ainsdale beach I bet thats not far from you either.
rgds
Clive

Hi Fredso, welcome. Timing never lets you off so you have to work at it - counting and hearing it. I'm doing a Grade 3 to 4 piece that alternates bars between 6/8 and 4/4. It'll sound good one day!
Taz mate, that was truly ...awful!
Colin

Back
Top Bottom