support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

Hello from me :)

C_Claudemonster

Formerly saxgirl22
Hello, I joined the forum other day. I'm Colleen from Essex in the Uk and play tenor sax in a local big band. We gig fairly regularly around the local areas & I've been with the band for 6 years now. I was at one point into vintage saxes and owned a super 1926 Martin handcraft tenor from the states but just couldn't get used to the old key work and switched to my modern sax instead and have since sold the Martin! The best sax I ever had sound wise was a 1917 Conn alto that I impulsively purchased - this has also gone and I still regret it to this day!!!
I have joined to mainly gain some further knowledge about sax playing and all things saxophone but also to give something back by sharing the knowledge I have with others :)
Thanks, Colleen

Hi Colleen, welcome to the cafe. Compared to yours, my sax is a positively youthful 50! Its nice that you want to give something back to the sax world, a place you've obviously got so much from and I think you found the right place to do it. 'Tis a great place this and some really great people too.

Hi Colleen,
Welcome to the forum, I look forward to hearing from you on the subject of saxes and playing. I too am from Essex and I am interested in the idea of playing in a big band, where do you play? What modern sax did you go for when you sold the martin?
All the best
Ben

Hi, Coleen, and welcome to the Cafe from all the jazz trombonists in Skabertawe!:w00t:;}

What stuff do you play in the band - is it dodgy old American nonsense or more cutting edge European Jazz?;}
Look forward to your contributions.

Kind regards
Tom:cool:

Hi Colleen: welcome to the cafe, and don't be too restrained in sharing your experiences with others. I for one,being the owner of brand new gear, find it difficult to understand why people are so keen on these old saxophones.

Support Cafesaxophone

Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces
Back
Top Bottom