support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

Hello from London

JCUK

Locality
London, UK
Hi everyone,

I'm a complete beginner -- got my first sax 3 weeks ago. :D I've found a good teacher, and am making progress (thankfully!). Looking forward to learning a lot here, and joining in te fun.

JC

JC: good start. Getting the saxophone and deciding that this is important is the most important step. We look forward to your progress.

Welcome to Caf Sax JC! Now the proper way to do it is to buy the hat and shades first, then get the sax, but no matter....I hope you'll enjoy it all the same. You'll get Loads of help from the forum and Pete's pages. Are you new to music or just the sax?
YC

Thanks for the welcome.

YC, I'm not new to music -- I play guitar and mandolin, and mess about with other fretted instruments (uke, cuatro, even b**jo :shocked: >:)). Had never even touched a woodwind instrument before my sax arrived, though, so this is a whole new ballgame. I'm loving it (though I bet my neighbours aren't)!

Off to get the hat and shades now ... I fancy a topper, and I know it'll make me a much better player. :D

Hi YC, welcome to the cafe :)

Topper and shades eh? I think I like your style already! :))) Welcome to the cafe.

Welcome to the forum, JC
Your other musical experience will hold you in good stead.
I wish I had this forum when I started, you'll be flying in no time!

Welcome to the caff, JC.

ENJOY!

Thanks for the hello everyone. I know it's going to take a long time, but I'm really enjoying the challenge, and having a lot of fun (even though I sound terrible! :shocked: :)). I've been roaming around the cafe, and there's a lot of really helpful info here (as well as plenty of good humour) so I'm looking forward to hanging around.

Back to those scales ... . :)

a big warm welcome j c from sunny stratford east london
all the best "what sax did you buy ?"
bernie

Thanks bernie,

I got the Trevor James Classic (alto) -- an ex-rental, from sax.co.uk. My teacher says it's fine, and to my untrained ears it sounds good (unless I'm playing it :D). I was tempted by a tenor, but took advice that altos are better for beginners. If all goes well, there may be a tenor in my future a few years down the road ... we'll see.

alto

i got my sakuso alto from sax.uk . good people to deal with. and all there shop staff are sax players ! which helps when you might need any advice.
cheers
bernie

Back
Top Bottom