support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

Hello from Bulgaria

pisarov

Locality
Sofia, Bulgaria
Hi,
At the moment I live in Sofia, I studied economics in Halle, Germany and in Milan, Italy.
I've been playing tenor and soprano sax since 2007, however the last too years I couldn't dedicate much time to practicing and I am really far behind. Now I am back on track and will try to pick up where I left and make progress if possible. Hopefully you guys can help, whenever a problem arises :)

Greetings
Mitko

Hi, Mitko!

Welcome to Cafe Saxophone from the 3 button Soprano Sax Crew in Skabertawe, Wales! What is it that you are far behind? In my experience many people buy a sax and really start playing it a year or two later. Motivation can be a big part of learning the sax, and we are very happy to offer lots of encouragement.:welldone:welldone

What sort of music do you like playing or wish to play on sax, and do you mainly want to play for personal enjoyment or to join a band of some sort?
Hope you have a great time when you visit the forum, and don't forget to vote for Taz!!!!:w00t:

Kind regards
Tom:cool:

Hi Tom,

I'm glad someone answered so quickly.

I was into free jazz (my idols were Evan Parker and Peter Brotzmann) and used to play in a sort of a jam session combo once a week when I was back in Germany.
Nowadays I would prefer to play more smoothly and narrative-like, lets say like Lester Young or Stan Getz, which, in certain aspects, I find much more demanding than a free flow improvisation on an amateur level. Guess I will have to practice real hard.

P.S. Who is Taz and how to vote for him :)

Hi Mitko, welcome to the forum, you'll find everyone really helpful here. It has been great to meet up with some of the guys and girls along the way as well. You will find it a great source of information and inspiration as we are all different levels of playing here but united in our love of the sax. Look forward to seeing some posts here. Phil :D

Welcome to the caff, Mitko.

Taz does not really exist as it is the culmination of all our evil brothers and sisters. ;}

ENJOY!

Hi Mitko

Welcome to the cafe and I have to tell you that OG (that's old git) is lying again Taz does in fact exist and is probably our most famous saxophonist of the era,and I have to tell you the most important thing you must do on this forum is to vote for him every day.

just click on the yellow reminder and then the blue line and then on the vote in the first picture top left you can even watch the vid if you feel brave enough.It's just a little thing we've got going on at the moment.

enjoy the cafe....john

Hi Mitko, welcome to the cafe :)

Welcome Mitko.
If you try to play like Lester Young or anyone who was inspired by him, you won't go far wrong.

OG wasn't lying about Taz, he just doesn't remember very well.
YC

Hello Mitko,

Welcome to the forum, plenty of variery and new friends around here...

Taz is short for Tarzan , so be very carefull if your swinging....through the trees in the forum!

Cheers & Ciao
Jimu

Welcome from Tasmania - which has absolutely nothing to do with Taz!

Stefan

A Bulgarian I used to know when I was on posting in Geneva used to describe Sofia as the "Venice of Eastern Europe" or something like that. So it must have some places well worth visiting. And now, welcome to the cafe.

Hi Tom,

P.S. Who is Taz and how to vote for him :)

:w00t: Hi, Im Taz and I'm a saxoholic. I'm only visible to the pure at heart ;}

Welcome to the caff, Mitko.

Taz does not really exist as it is the culmination of all our evil brothers and sisters. ;}

ENJOY!

See ^^^^^ He can't see me :))) Welcome to the cafe and have a nice day

Back
Top Bottom