support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

Hello everyone,just joined the site

shamba504424

Locality
Edgworth near Bolton
Hello all,looking forward to receiving advice from the experienced players on here,3 weeks ago I bought a Yamaha YAS280 as a 70th birthday present to myself and am loving it so far,have a touch of COPD so my breathing is a touch lacking but hopefully will improve as I get further along with it.
Never played a wind instrument before,play a bit of fiddle and guitar,my neighbour is probably thinking "oh my God what now",anyway here I am and hoping to learn a lot of interesting and useful stuff from more epxerienced people

Welcome to the Café and to the saxophone.
There are lots of us oldie late-starters here.

Never played a wind instrument before,play a bit of fiddle and guitar,my neighbour is probably thinking "oh my God what now"
I also started at 70 but I had a little experience... 60+ years ago. It ended when I smashed the clarinet on the floor because it wouldn't stop squeaking! Since then, I had a brief moment with a bass clarinet before it was stolen. After all these years listening to sax as one of my favorite instruments, I finally woke up to reality.
Welcome to the best run social network for saxophonists with the kindest knowledgable people to help.

COPD so my breathing is a touch lacking
My father-in-law struggled with emphysema. A physiotherapist's exercises specific to the condition gave him back about ten years' difference (his estimate) in his inevitable deterioration.

Thank you all so much for your warm replies and for the breathing exercise link,will certainly take a look at that :)

Welcome to the Cafe and the saxophone. Best of luck on your journey. You have arrived at a very fun place. Nice to have you here.

Hello all,looking forward to receiving advice from the experienced players on here,3 weeks ago I bought a Yamaha YAS280 as a 70th birthday present to myself and am loving it so far,have a touch of COPD so my breathing is a touch lacking but hopefully will improve as I get further along with it.
Never played a wind instrument before,play a bit of fiddle and guitar,my neighbour is probably thinking "oh my God what now",anyway here I am and hoping to learn a lot of interesting and useful stuff from more epxerienced people

Tell your neighbour you're buying a drum kit next week...anyway welcome to world of the brass, curvy thingy music making device and the Cafe Saxophone...

Greg S.

Back
Top Bottom