Tutorials

Hello everyone,just joined the site

shamba504424

Hello all,looking forward to receiving advice from the experienced players on here,3 weeks ago I bought a Yamaha YAS280 as a 70th birthday present to myself and am loving it so far,have a touch of COPD so my breathing is a touch lacking but hopefully will improve as I get further along with it.
Never played a wind instrument before,play a bit of fiddle and guitar,my neighbour is probably thinking "oh my God what now",anyway here I am and hoping to learn a lot of interesting and useful stuff from more epxerienced people

nigeld

I don't need another mouthpiece; but . . .
Subscriber
Welcome to the Café and to the saxophone.
There are lots of us oldie late-starters here.

randulo

Playing alto 2 ⅓ years
Subscriber
Never played a wind instrument before,play a bit of fiddle and guitar,my neighbour is probably thinking "oh my God what now"
I also started at 70 but I had a little experience... 60+ years ago. It ended when I smashed the clarinet on the floor because it wouldn't stop squeaking! Since then, I had a brief moment with a bass clarinet before it was stolen. After all these years listening to sax as one of my favorite instruments, I finally woke up to reality.
Welcome to the best run social network for saxophonists with the kindest knowledgable people to help.

OP
S

shamba504424

Thank you all so much for your warm replies and for the breathing exercise link,will certainly take a look at that :)

GCinCT

Seeker of truth and beauty
Subscriber
Welcome to the Cafe and the saxophone. Best of luck on your journey. You have arrived at a very fun place. Nice to have you here.

Greg Strange

Hello all,looking forward to receiving advice from the experienced players on here,3 weeks ago I bought a Yamaha YAS280 as a 70th birthday present to myself and am loving it so far,have a touch of COPD so my breathing is a touch lacking but hopefully will improve as I get further along with it.
Never played a wind instrument before,play a bit of fiddle and guitar,my neighbour is probably thinking "oh my God what now",anyway here I am and hoping to learn a lot of interesting and useful stuff from more epxerienced people
Tell your neighbour you're buying a drum kit next week...anyway welcome to world of the brass, curvy thingy music making device and the Cafe Saxophone...

Greg S.

Saxholder Pro

Members OnlineStatistics

Help!Mailing List
Top Bottom