support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

Hello every one

PeterMc

Hello every one
My name is Peter Mc Farland and I live in the small town of Llangefni, it’s on an island off the west coast of the uk, Anglesey. I have been playing the alto for just over a year now and getting on with it OK, already on my third horn. First there was the Venus £80 eBay job, not good, then a Trevor James, it played well for a while but then the Chinese pads started to stick and drove me round the bend. Now I have a Selmer sa80Mk2 and like it, obviously being some sort of masochist I recently started with a tenor, a Farland & Thomas, not as easy as I thought it was going to be, but starting to get it. Yes the Farland & Thomas FATT100Q with Italian leather pads ect, a Selmer sa80Mk2 alike. Ok, so some of you may have spotted the similarity between my name and that of my tenor sax? Well done! After my alto experience I thought I would skip sages 1 to 2 and get as near to “I like it” as I could, in one step with out committing a large some of cash. So now I import and sell high quality, good value, very nice saxophones. When you get up in the morning you can never tell what the day will bring?
Peter

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Pete
I'm a newbie to the cafe myself but we have one thing in common (no I ain't called Pete ...) - we both live on islands but I reckon there is more peat up here LOL.

How did you come to live on the Shetlands, I was bourn in London and kidnapped by my parents and brought hear, properly some kind of child abuse? So what hapend? Peter

I moved here in June to escape the crime, etc., in London. I love it! If I want to escape I can suffer the overnight crossing to Aberdeen or raid the bank and be back on the mainland in an hour or so by plane.

Yes, maybe if I had remained and grown up there, then maybe I would feel the same, then again I am talking of 40 years ago, perhaps a different London?

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom