support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

Hello every one

PeterMc

Hello every one
My name is Peter Mc Farland and I live in the small town of Llangefni, it’s on an island off the west coast of the uk, Anglesey. I have been playing the alto for just over a year now and getting on with it OK, already on my third horn. First there was the Venus £80 eBay job, not good, then a Trevor James, it played well for a while but then the Chinese pads started to stick and drove me round the bend. Now I have a Selmer sa80Mk2 and like it, obviously being some sort of masochist I recently started with a tenor, a Farland & Thomas, not as easy as I thought it was going to be, but starting to get it. Yes the Farland & Thomas FATT100Q with Italian leather pads ect, a Selmer sa80Mk2 alike. Ok, so some of you may have spotted the similarity between my name and that of my tenor sax? Well done! After my alto experience I thought I would skip sages 1 to 2 and get as near to “I like it” as I could, in one step with out committing a large some of cash. So now I import and sell high quality, good value, very nice saxophones. When you get up in the morning you can never tell what the day will bring?
Peter

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome Young Pete (Why are they all called Pete, except those that aren't?) to the Caff.
Can I test drive your brand of sax at Pembrey?
Enjoy.

Hi Pete welcome to the Cafe and enjoy the wealth herein :)

Welcome Pete, from one of the very many, maybe we could start the Pete squad, or Pete Appreciation society :w00t:

Welcome Pete. Enjoy the cafe experience.

There is of couse already one Pete appreciation society - for that nice Mr Pete Thomas who provides the cafe facilities. :welldone

I will see what I can do, have some very nice brand new, just shown at the bayshing music instrument fair Mk6 very alike's

Welcome PeterMc to the cafe - how did the Mk6 work out?

Hi Launa, the Mk6's

Welcome PeterMc to the cafe - how did the Mk6 work out?

Hi Luluna.the mk6 a likes, look right, sound right. I have one for my self on order, but made in cupronikel body and silver neck
With gold key work, not very original but should look good.

Hi!
It's like being stuck in a peat (Pete) bog 'round here:)))
welcome from another one;}

Welcome PeterMc from another island... over the other side of Uk...NZ...Enjoy the joy that is saxplaying and sax talking.

G'day
Jimu.:mrcool

Hi Pete
I'm a newbie to the cafe myself but we have one thing in common (no I ain't called Pete ...) - we both live on islands but I reckon there is more peat up here LOL.

Hi Pete
I'm a newbie to the cafe myself but we have one thing in common (no I ain't called Pete ...) - we both live on islands but I reckon there is more peat up here LOL.

How did you come to live on the Shetlands, I was bourn in London and kidnapped by my parents and brought hear, properly some kind of child abuse? So what hapend? Peter

I moved here in June to escape the crime, etc., in London. I love it! If I want to escape I can suffer the overnight crossing to Aberdeen or raid the bank and be back on the mainland in an hour or so by plane.

I moved here in June to escape the crime, etc., in London. I love it! If I want to escape I can suffer the overnight crossing to Aberdeen or raid the bank and be back on the mainland in an hour or so by plane.

Yes, maybe if I had remained and grown up there, then maybe I would feel the same, then again I am talking of 40 years ago, perhaps a different London?

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom