support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

Haynes Saxophone Manual

I'm really very touched by your compliments, it means a great deal to me - thank you all.

It seems the "Crimbo snatch' is a common theme - a couple of people have emailed to say that the book arrived as was duly snatched by the missus and converted into a Christmas present.
One chap said it was going to be the very first thing he opened on Christmas morning - and unless any of the other presents contain the keys to an Aston Martin DB9, his response is likely to be "Yeah, ta, shove it over there..."

Cheers,

My signed copy came last week and it looks superb. The photography is excellent - maybe your next book should be a collection of photos of the various saxes that come through your workshop.

Many thanks to Steve.

Rhys

PS Could the Keilwerth straight alto on page 63 be mine ?

Cheers Rhys, glad you liked it!

Yes - the straight alto is indeed yours. I very nearly got the Uber-Baritone in too, but the editor nixed my to-scale collage of the complete family of saxes.
I've had a few other clients ask "Is that my horn on page xyz?"

Regards,

I'm really very touched by your compliments, it means a great deal to me - thank you all.

It seems the "Crimbo snatch' is a common theme - a couple of people have emailed to say that the book arrived as was duly snatched by the missus and converted into a Christmas present.
One chap said it was going to be the very first thing he opened on Christmas morning - and unless any of the other presents contain the keys to an Aston Martin DB9, his response is likely to be "Yeah, ta, shove it over there..."

Cheers,

Well I asked for one. Of course I don't yet know f I'm getting one so I might have to buy it my self in the New Year!

Cheers Rhys, glad you liked it!

Yes - the straight alto is indeed yours. I very nearly got the Uber-Baritone in too, but the editor nixed my to-scale collage of the complete family of saxes.
I've had a few other clients ask "Is that my horn on page xyz?"

Regards,

Hope you have the relevant 'model releases' signed. :)

I've got mine. I haven't had a chance to read it properly yet but it looks like an excellent book. The photography is wonderful. All I need to do now, is to persuade my wife to let me by an old sax to practice on.

I wonder if Steven has an emergency hot line set up for tomorrow? I can just imagine it, in households all over the country the keen sax player opens their presents to find a copy of Steven's book. With the clear instructions and wonderful illustrations the well meaning player now well lubricated from the lunchtime meal rummages in the drawer, the screwdriver set comes out and a little DIY takes place!

Merry Christmas and happy tinkering,

Chris

Wow, what a unique book, I have never seen any other book that even starts to approach it on content or detail. I can't imagine why any saxophonist wouldn't have a copy of this. Essential reading, people! And those superb pictures - it must've taken forever.

...but I'm not sure I'm up to getting the blow torch out quite yet!

Cheers, Howard (namesake but no relation I hasten to add)

Hooray

HI ,
I was able to open mine this morning and been browsing all day. Superbly written and photographed.
Well done Stephen, a real enthusiasts treat!
Wife however cannot understand my excitement. Strange creatures, women who do not play sax that is.
Many thanks again
Ben Cain

First born, clever girl, gave me a copy of Stephen's book yesterday.
I haven't felt so excited to get a book since Christmas 1964 when I got both the Dandy and Beano annuals.
Brilliant Stephen! You have made a happy man feel very old.
Andrew

I got a copy as well

Maybe I will be able to get that old C-Melody playing again

Only had time to flick through it yesterday but it looks fantastic and full of proper information

mamos

Santa brought me a copy yesterday - well worth a read but I am going to have to get a old horn to try this out on otherwise I just know I am destined for big repair bills to put right what I have undone >:)
It's like climbing a tree - always easier on the way up.
Steve

Many thanks for the kind comments - I'm delighted that you're all pleased with the book! I've had some wonderful feedback thus far, and it's so encouraging to see that there are plenty of players out they're who are just itching to get tweaking.

Cheers,

Father Christmas cruelly screwed up the delivery of my Haynes manual. Thankfully it arrived today with my daughter coming for a belated Christmas visit. I had managed a sneak preview at my local bookstore and although not having had quite enough time to read all of it yet I am very impressed. Having been previously a self educated tweaker I am sure I will feel more confident in making oft needed minor adjustments. Many thanks SH for a well conceived and executed tome.

I've just ordered this manual, it looks great. Does anyone know if there is an electronic version available in say PDF format?

I'm afraid there isn't a PDF version, though I did note that there are some Haynes manuals available as iPhone apps. They appear to be somewhat scaled down though.

Regards,

Hi Stephen,

No problem, its just that I spend most my life on my computer (unfortunately!) and I could have had a scout through the manual while I'm working, its fine though. Looking forward to receiving it :)

Many thanks
Jason