support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

Glad to move over

Lodger

Locality
Darwen, Lancashire
I like the look of the new site. Pete's message asked me to copy one of my early threads from the old site, so here is my first (I think it all still applies, especially the penultimate sentence!):

Hello from Lancashire. I'm a very late arrival on the sax scene, being near retirement and only having taken up the alto two years ago, though I played the violin for ten years at school (a long time ago!)

I'm getting a lot of fun and satisfaction playing in a local wind band, but a lot of envy when I watch the youngsters whose brains are a lot better connected to their fingers than mine is.

Anyway, I keep persevering and I am slowly improving. Maybe some day I will be able to play the fast bits as well.

Congratulations on this forum - the mutual support is fantastic.

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyway, I keep persevering and I am slowly improving. Maybe some day I will be able to play the fast bits as well.

Congratulations on this forum - the mutual support is fantastic.

Keep Blowin Howard, we're all running out of time, having fun is the only cure..... have you been aiming your sax at your Avatar, he's not so happy! I know cause I used to have a sheepdog just like that!

Cheers & Ciao from NZ

Jimu

Cats and dogs

have you been aiming your sax at your Avatar, he's not so happy! I know cause I used to have a sheepdog just like that!

Cheers & Ciao from NZ

Jimu

Hi Jimu

Sadly Bob, the sheepdog in my Avatar, has passed to the great field in the sky (nothing to do with my playing!).

I have noticed, however, that as soon as I play the first note on my sax, all three of our cats get up and walk out in disgust. It's a little disheartening, but I suppose it just shows that they have no taste.:(

Back
Top Bottom