support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

giving up choc reLENTlessly

Hi Autolady

If your really serious you could try hipnotherapy I gave up smoking that way 3 years ago I now use the money I save to fund my sax addiction,the only down side is every now and then I get a terrible urge to chase car wheels.:)))

Is it lent already? I don't give up anything I'm afraid :blush: as i have no willpower. I don't know what I'd try to give up - possibly exchange wine for vodka tonic.

Good luck with the chocolate fasting though :)

Last edited by a moderator:
My son Donovan (6) announced yesterday that he was giving up donuts for lent....which I found very amusing since he never eats them anyway! :D

Hmmmm I'd like to give up chocolate too - but not practical or realistic.... I really should give up eggs and bacon on the weekends... I'll try that one ;} Might be more difficult than chocolate!

I gave a load of stuff up as New Year resolutions. Now that I have slipped back into my normal debauched and indulgent lifestyle, I have no intention of going through that hell all over again......
:D

I have decided to give up "giving up stuff"......

That's not the Queens english is it?

Anyway, my wife thought about the chocolate thing also. After one day, I went out and got her a bag of Semi-Sweet Morsels. I couldn't stand it any more!

The nice part is, the morsels are nice and small so you can take as many or as few as you like (need). So you can ease yourself away from the ledge!

Good Luck!

"Giving up stuff" is OK. It's the Queens english that's not the Queen's English!

I don't think my occasional gin aperitif and glasses of wine are worthy of giving up and I have no other vices (that's my story anyway); apart from playing the sax and I could never give that up!
Colin

I'm not giving anything up. I wouldn't give something up for Lent anyway, as I'm not a Christian, so Lent means nothing to me. The last thing I gave up was fags, about 16 years ago. My remaining vices are all staying, as I'm too fond of them to give any of them up.

I'm not giving anything up. I wouldn't give something up for Lent anyway, as I'm not a Christian
Same here. I'm off normal chocolate at the moment, anyway, as I'm doing Atkins, although they do some very nice low-carb choc bars of their own, and I'm drinking unsweetened cocoa (which is nicer than it sounds) in place of Ovaltine.

And like you, I love my other vice(s) too much to give 'em the boot. Mind you, if Dr Kawashima continues to be the smug, self-satisfied, fickle, unfunny little g*t he is, he won't last much longer.>:)

I'll give up 'things I know are no good for me unless I really want them'.

This will likely be much more effective than it sounds since my bad habit is eating/drinking things (I only realise afterwards) I didn't want anyway.

Back
Top Bottom