All profit supporting special needs music education and Help Musicians
SYOS

Other Gear Fiends - What's Got Your Interest Piqued Lately?

Jmoen3

So as a result of this thread I have added yet another mouthpiece to my wanted list: Selmer Concept for soprano.
I've heard these are phenomenal pieces! I've not gotten to try one yet, but this thread has also added it to my list :). Among other things.

I've also got a huge craving to play some super high baffle pieces and large chamber now baffle pieces on Alto and Tenor... trying to decided which pair to try. Thinking Jumbo Java for high baffle, just unsure what will be similar price range and have a low/no baffle large chamber. Maybe a Tone edge?

DavidUK

Subscriber
Mouthpiece rack... maybe do a Google of bottle rack?...

images.jpeg.jpg

You get the idea...

B Flat

Recently I toyed with the idea of buying a Yanagisawa BWO2 Baritone as the local store has them in a decent special at the moment.
After a lot of ummmming and aaaaaahing I decided against the idea because my car needs repairs or better still replacing.
And I already have 2 Low Bb Baritones.
A Conn Transitional 1933 and a Selmer Super Series 1932.
So still with the idea that I needed a low A baritone once again I managed to find an old Yanagisawa B6 at a good price.
However before I had a chance to play test it, I pulled the trigger on a nice 1960 Cleveland Super 20 with silver neck.
The very next morning I play tested that Yanagisawa and bought it.
So now I have two more Baritones and the same piece of ****e car.
Still it was less than buying the BWO2.

thomsax

Two soft carpets so my back is not hurting after I've been playing. Last months I've been playing bari a lot and covid19, saxophone, water key ........ I decided to buy two.

Ivan

Undecided
Subscriber
Recently I toyed with the idea of buying a Yanagisawa BWO2 Baritone as the local store has them in a decent special at the moment.
After a lot of ummmming and aaaaaahing I decided against the idea because my car needs repairs or better still replacing.
So still with the idea that I needed a low A baritone once again I managed to find an old Yanagisawa B6 at a good price.
However before I had a chance to play test it, I pulled the trigger on a nice 1960 Cleveland Super 20 with silver neck.
You

Need

Help

nigeld

I don't need another mouthpiece; but . . .
Subscriber
My house is not big enough for 3 bari saxes and my spouse.

Jimmymack

I have two fancies, first a Ted Klum New London and the other I keep coming back to is a Silverstein A frame lig. One I can’t find in the size I want except in blue marble effect, which I don’t want, and the other is just stupid.

I bet I’ll keep looking though.

Top Bottom