support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

GAS strikes again

Taz

Busking Oracle
I'm such a bad lad, I just can't help myself! I just been on the Devils Junkyard and won a nice little metal Runyon Smoothbore 7 with a lig for the bari, all for the princely sum of £67
I can't wait for it to arrive now!

Bad boy ...

Take yourself off to the pub and find a seat in the corner and give yourself a good telling off mate ...

Followed by a long cool pint or three ... :welldone

Ha ha sorry Amanda, were you bidding on it?
I've got a Quantum on my tenor and love it, so I thought it would be good to try something from the same stable on the bari. At the moment I'm using a PPT and although I love the way it plays, I find it a bit big in the mouth department (said the wide mouth frog!)
I'll let you know how I get on with it and if I don't like it I'll give you first refusal.

Aha! I saw that too. I play one of these on bari (I bought it from Jules when I bought his old Buescher bari), mine's a 10. It's a fantastic mouthpiece, really barks. I've never felt the need for the spoiler, it has plenty of guts without. Goes great on my current bari, a BW.

B*gger! I'm now doubly disappointed I can't make your jam session a week Friday. Remind me to bring an amp for the next one though - I'll definitely be struggling with the sop and the tenor against that monster!

If you want a new one at a cheaper price - Saxplus provide Runyon Baritone Custom mouthpieces in four colours - £54.06 including import duty and tax ($69.99 + $3.38 shipping + £9.06 import costs). Hope this is helpful.

Kind regards
Tom

That's a very low price for a baritone mouthpiece, and Runyon Customs are pretty good, but not a patch on the Smoothbore. The Custom is a moulded plastic 'piece, the Smoothbore a metal one that really roars. Totally different design, and well worth paying the extra for if you have the readies.

Oh, all right then.................;}

:)

Seriously, as I said, that price is fantastic for a new bari mouthpiece, and the Custom is a really good piece.

A couple of things to watch out for with Runyons generally. The ligs they often supply are awful, and their sizing is different to many manufacturers. My bari piece is a 10, wwhich makes it sound massive, but it's not, maybe about the same as a 7* from Otto Link. I play with a RJS 3M reed.

GAS attack for me too after stopping by at Dawkes Music on Wednesday returning from Heathrow.
New otto link STM NY after trying about 8 various pieces and then got to play it at open mic the same evening.

Wow wow and thrice WOW

I love it (sorry Amanda) I guess I won't be parting with this baby for a while. Jon, your right, the spoiler is totally unnecessary! I much prefer the size of the piece when compared to the PPT. I just find that too large. I don't think I'll sell it yet though, I do love the tone and playability of the PPT, just not sure that it's the right piece for me at the moment.

Amanda, I'll get some sound clips posted soon, just for you! ;}

The Runyon will be my piece of choice, for now any way.

Support Cafesaxophone

Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces
Back
Top Bottom