support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

Flutes etc. G rudolff flute

tristan

Hello :)!
Ive found my grandpa's flute, and i want to sell it. I dont know anything about it, so please, help me where can i find some more info about this flute, or can you tell me approx. price of it.
Thanks!

2kejx5.jpg

2h82txh.jpg

118q7w0.jpg

Calling Milandro.

Hi Tristan. Please stop by in the Doorbell section and introduce yourself. And if you decide to try and sell through the forum, please make sure you check the rules in the yardsale section.

Good luck with the sale, I think these are quite unusual instruments.

done ;)!
i just wanna get some info about this flute, and if i decide, ill put it on a sale in the yard style forum ;)!
thanks

Not sure if this helps or not:

http://goferjoe.bygones.biz/uebel.htm

FA Uebel was probably the best of the pre-war woodwind makers, at least as far as clarinets went. The firm continued post WWII and continued to make good instruments. (My son has 2 of their clarinets). However I know nothing about their flutes.

:) good morning, I am here! Alright this is a very special flute made in 1959 (the first two numbers indicate the production year ) by Rudolf Uebel

Read all about him here !

who made this beautiful and innovative aluminium flute attempting to get the " wooden sound" from a metal flute made in one piece. They are not exceptionally rare and were made in the DDR (or GDR) in the communist years.

Often times they are in good state and mine played rather well. They generally have this headjoint with a ebonite lip-plate (not quite a reform headjoint ) but they can sometimes have two headjoints one having a normal lip-plate. " Normal" headjoint's from other brands won't fit.

They come up every so often and indeed I had bought one which I then sold to an American collector.

I have also bought , and sold a piccolo made the same way and of the same material.

The collector in question told me, upon receiving the flute, that, according to him, this was a HP flute (pitch in flutes has changed quite a bit and it is by no means something stable in older flutes that are often A=435Hz) and requested a very serious discount.........I wasn't (and still am not ) convinced that the pitch was different from other flutes of this era but acquiesced and agree to sell it to a considerable discount, since it would have been costing me quite a bit to have the flute returning in my possession from the States ( Custom and handling charges apply even in case of a return.....).

They are beautifully made instruments. The price depends on condition and playability but, if playing , you could get in the region between 500€ to 1000€. I think I got 500€ for it.

It took me a long time to sell and buyers for these flutes don't grow on trees. An American shop sells one in perfect restored conditions for nearly 3000$ but he has it for a very long time and the price is more something of a wishful thinking than anything else.

Last edited by a moderator:
thanks milandro :)!
i'm probably coming to roterdam in march next year, so maybe we can make some deal if i come?

hello Tristan, Rotterdam is a bit far away from where I live (about 100 Km) and I am not particularly interested to buy one of these.
My advise to you, if you want to sell it it to sell it on the ebay.
Cheers

:)

Thanks Milandro :)! Ive understood that you have 500e to spend on it ;)!
my mistake :)!
thanks for everything :)!

no, Unfortunately that was what I was paid for it.

this is a good place to advertise your flute

http://www.usedflutes.com/

the only drawback if that is going to attract several " Nigerian" scammers and a bit of span so use an address that you could dispose of in case that bothers you too much. Good luck! :9