support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

Saxophones Free Wind Saxes

kevgermany

ex Landrover Nut
Locality
Just north of Munich
I just came across a video on youtube which has Candy Dulfer talking about why she played a Free Wind sax instead of her MkVI. She mentioned having Inderbinen as well.

Anyone know anything about them?

The Wind is always free in a Sax - it`s the horn and bits which cost the money .......

Hows that for a Targa-alike response :D .........

Serioiusly, I`ve never heard of them , they could be like the early Sakkusus - a top level Taiwanese horn with a dealer badge name on .

EDIT - did a bit of trawling and they look very nice indeed - hand finished at least (though could still be a Taiwanese Hotrod, but Dutch rather than British or American)

Looks like another Taiwanese Selmer clone.
You may well be right Nick but i think they are a fair bit more expensive than the run of mill Taiwanese,I'm sure i read somewhere that they were about €5400 Euros.
Milandro would probably know.

Tells you a lot, doesn't it. Maybe we should persuade Jeanette to buy one. >:)

Stop it my head hurts already

You may well be right Nick but i think they are a fair bit more expensive than the run of mill Taiwanese,I'm sure i read somewhere that they were about €5400 Euros.

If they cost that much I'm looking at John's Kookabora (please don't let Targa see that)

Jx

I read something about the Free Wind a while ago, I think they're hand made in the Netherlands

I seem to remember Will Vinson saying he played one and absolutely loved it... He sure as hell sounded killing on it..

From what I can gather from this side of the pond, the Free Winds are hand built built by Friso Heidinga, the owner of Amsterdam winds. Basically what started as a repair shop, he's now building his own horns.

Much like Tommy Inderbinen located near Zurich in Switzerland, initially a repair shop has for many years now hand-built his own brand horns and flutes. Keywork is (I believe) from Yamaha. I would expect prices to be similar from both these hornmakers.

I had Tommy Inderbinen make me a neck for my JK SX90 some 15 years ago now. Recommended by Albie Donnelly. Beautiful piece of kit, really opens up the sound on an already big sounding horn. I know a few people who own Inderbinen tenors although I've never personally played or even seen one. They tend to drool when talking about them. Maybe coincidence most of 'em played MKVI before making the switch. I do know there's a very long waiting list for an Inderbinen horn. I waited a good 4 months for my neck.

Candy Dulfer has been playing Inderbinens for a good few years now and I suspect she knows the guy from Amsterdam Winds which is probably why she is now doing promo for him.

There you go - Mortgage yer house get one or two.

I'm sure he would, if we type the @ sign in front of his name, he should get a notification

@milandro

Back
Top Bottom