support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

Forum virgin

mr.bojangles

Locality
Staffordshire. G.B
Hi, my first post, first forum. Over 50 and hoping to take jazz grades starting at grade 5, have been taking lessons since Feb and tutor says I should be ready for grade 5 by xmas ?? Any advice much appreciated, thanks

Welcome Mr. Bojangles, great name, great tune.

Best of luck with your grade 5 Jazz exam, would that be with Trinity College? My teacher is pushing me, squeaking and squawking, towards my grade 6 Jazz exam. We've not discussed when I'm doing it, I'm thinking in about 5 years but I suspect she might have different ideas. Billie's Bounce is proving to be a bit awkward at the moment.

Best wishes,

Chris

Grade 5 in less than a year - sounds like good going to me.

Have fun here - good group.

I admire anyone that can knuckle down and do grades! I find the idea of music theory scary! I can't read music and although I've really tried, I don't think I ever will.

Welcome to the forum and good luck with your future sax life!

Thanks guys for your prompt replies. Have started this year from square one, never played any instrument before or read music but always been interested in listening to most kinds of music. I think I'm picking up the reading and understanding of it all pretty well considering, but obviously have got a long way to go. Its good to read about so many like minded people. It 's the Trinity College I'm hoping to take my grades with.

Hi Mr. Bojangles, welcome to the Cafe :)

Boj Angles ...

Ello Bo ... Good to meet you mate ...

I am new here - same as you I ain't read or played before - I got an Alto and a Tenor Sax [Just purchased]

So the work begins ... :w00t:

Good luck mate ... ;}

Welcome to the caff, Bo.

Well it would be rude to address you as Mister.

BTW, "Thanks" are considered an insult on this board, however we forgive newcomers.

ENJOY!

Welcome and enjoy the learning journey. Perhaps you should aspire to playing the sax solo on the Ellington Portrait of Mr B.
YC

Hi mr.bojangles, and a warm welcome to the cafe. With a name like that should you not be doing your grade five tap-dancing.

jim.

Back
Top Bottom