support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

Saxophones Flying with British Airways

Bradley

Hey everyone,

I'm going on my year abroad to the south of France in August and will be consequently flying back and forth to the UK with my Selmer BA alto. I was just wondering if anyone has had any experience with BA? I'm looking to take my bag in the cabin as carry-on luggage, but after talking to them they say that the case (Soundwear) is 3cm too long and that it will have to be checked in. Obviously I don't want.

I know there's been another post like this on BA before, but it was a while ago and the guy didn't really get too much of a definitive answer.

Cheers,
Bradley

Hi Bradley

Welcome to Café Sax, do pop over to the doorbell section and say hi to everyone :)

Jx

Ive flown with BA on several occasions and taken my tenor on board over my shoulder using a winter shaped case with no problems.

I fly regularly with my alto in a BAM Treking case. I have never had the slightest problem with BA.

"The size of your hand luggage should not exceed 55x40x20 cm. Please note that any bag or item must fit easily into the overhead compartment or under the seat in front of you. Max weight 10 kg."

A tenor can be ok. But it's better to be prepared that your sax "go down". Best case you can get and pack your sax well.

Back
Top Bottom